Annihilator Broadheads

TTMT88

FNG
I use them and love them. Very easy to resharpen. Makes it easy to practice with.
I ordered the original 100 grain and the 125XL versions. I have been shooting both since February out of 4 different set-ups using offset blazer vanes, 3 degree helical blazers and with FOBS. I see no negative flight problems whatsoever, in fact, the original 100 grains may just outdo field points. I like the design and toughness. I have gotten mine SCARY sharp by using up to 2000 grit wet/dry sandpaper and then finishing on a leather strop with green compound. I am considering using the staysharp to get a sharper angle. I have only hesitated because they stay sharp so long shooting into block targets. As far as blood trails go and years of bow and gun hunting, blood trails are subjective to a great number of variables. Good broadhead build, blade steel that is scary sharp along with good shot placement is paramount. I have had equal looking blood trails using Montecs, Rage etc. Personally, I am always looking at where I want my arrow to exit and more often times the deer go down within sight or at least earshot. I build my arrows at least 450 grains with 15-20% FOC and have seen a phenomenal difference from many years ago using 375 grain arrows chasing speed numbers. I do “track” each one regardless of how far they go. You can learn a lot by paying attention to each kill in the event something happens that isn’t optimal to compare past experiences and help evaluate how to proceed tracking. In one of the posts above, Ozcut was mentioned and just wanted to add that the Hurricanes are the best flying broadheads I have ever shot. I think I shoot them more accurate than field points. Getting them sharp took some effort but can certainly be done with patience. I actually touch up every single broadhead I shoot just to ensure they are sharp. I’ve been using some single bevel heads the last two seasons and I have to admit that I had a little skepticism at first. The results have been nothing short of stellar. Being the broadhead junkie I am, I like trying ones that seem to have a lot of advantage and the Annihilator looks like a winner.

Sarcazmo

FNG
Interesting.

I have the stay sharp 344 and tried sharpening some 100 grain annihilator. I started at 240-2500. While it did improve the sharpness it didn't make them waht I would call 'scary sharp.'

I also have their removable blade guides and used it on some exodus blades. Those were much sharper out of the package, so I did 800, 1200, 2500. Those were very easy to get 'scary sharp'. In fact, i could easily get those to shave hair, cut a rubber band etc. I was not able to achieve that level of sharpness with the annihilator, but I'm gonna try again today to see if I can get them any sharper.

Before anyone asks I didn't rotate my blades until I achieved a burr on all grits.

As it stand right now I really don't see much benefit from the annihilators. I haven't seen the 'cavitation' they claim, and I'm not able to get them as sharp as other broadheads. For the time being I'll continue to shoot exodus and micro hades unless I can refine my process and get these sharper.

I will say they are very well made and very durable.

Chuckybmd

WKR
I ordered the original 100 grain and the 125XL versions. I have been shooting both since February out of 4 different set-ups using offset blazer vanes, 3 degree helical blazers and with FOBS. I see no negative flight problems whatsoever, in fact, the original 100 grains may just outdo field points. I like the design and toughness. I have gotten mine SCARY sharp by using up to 2000 grit wet/dry sandpaper and then finishing on a leather strop with green compound. I am considering using the staysharp to get a sharper angle. I have only hesitated because they stay sharp so long shooting into block targets. As far as blood trails go and years of bow and gun hunting, blood trails are subjective to a great number of variables. Good broadhead build, blade steel that is scary sharp along with good shot placement is paramount. I have had equal looking blood trails using Montecs, Rage etc. Personally, I am always looking at where I want my arrow to exit and more often times the deer go down within sight or at least earshot. I build my arrows at least 450 grains with 15-20% FOC and have seen a phenomenal difference from many years ago using 375 grain arrows chasing speed numbers. I do “track” each one regardless of how far they go. You can learn a lot by paying attention to each kill in the event something happens that isn’t optimal to compare past experiences and help evaluate how to proceed tracking. In one of the posts above, Ozcut was mentioned and just wanted to add that the Hurricanes are the best flying broadheads I have ever shot. I think I shoot them more accurate than field points. Getting them sharp took some effort but can certainly be done with patience. I actually touch up every single broadhead I shoot just to ensure they are sharp. I’ve been using some single bevel heads the last two seasons and I have to admit that I had a little skepticism at first. The results have been nothing short of stellar. Being the broadhead junkie I am, I like trying ones that seem to have a lot of advantage and the Annihilator looks like a winner.
Your experience clearly exceeds mine. What I will say is I actually shoot my annihilators in practice too, they’re so easy to sharpen. I think leaving the bevel angle the way it is is superior because it’s a more durable as you mentioned. I am using the original 100 greens to be specific.

I was not overly impressed way to dull out of the box. I thought out to 70 yds they shot well but lost some accuracy after that and I could hear them pretty well when flying.

Zac

WKR
I was not overly impressed way to dull out of the box. I thought out to 70 yds they shot well but lost some accuracy after that and I could hear them pretty well when flying.
Yes they seem very loud to me as well.