Annual Diamond Creek Debacle

So who wants to make the first guess on how quick these tags sell out this year? Just stopped by the IF Sportsman’s Warehouse and there was a line about half the length of the store for people waiting to buy capped zone tags....

Rob5589

WKR
Nothing but 350" + in DC. What did you expect :ROFLMAO:

NR tags sold out in about 90 minutes. Good luck!

OP
jlaner0408
Nothing but 350" + in DC. What did you expect :ROFLMAO:

NR tags sold out in about 90 minutes. Good luck!

Non residents took that long?! I figured it would have been under 15 minutes haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It's crazy how popular DC has become, i started hunting there in '14 (My buddy lived in Boise) i would wait and buy my tag in July when he did, now they're gone in less than 2 hours. Some may recall that in 2015 Bowhunter magazine did an article on the best OTC areas to hunt Elk with a bow out west, they called out two areas in Idaho, one of them being Diamond Creek! I feel like this played a huge factor!

mwebs

WKR
Funny how guys all go to the hunting/ outdoor stores to buy tags. If I was going to buy a capped tag I know where I would go and I would be the only one there.

Funny how guys all go to the hunting/ outdoor stores to buy tags. If I was going to buy a capped tag I know where I would go and I would be the only one there.
Only benefit would be that they might have a different access system then we would use from our home computers. i have no idea though

OP
jlaner0408
To top things off, the IF store had the power cycling on and off about 10 minutes before they went on sale

Bubba94

Lil-Rokslider
I was lucky enough to get one. The zone didn't show up until 10:05 though....

mwebs

WKR
Only benefit would be that they might have a different access system then we would use from our home computers. i have no idea though

I was eluding to the other types of establishments that sell tags. Lots of places besides hunting stores sell tags.

OP
jlaner0408
And regardless, it would still be the maximum amount of non residents in the state hunting, just like it has been ever since they capped them...