Another Badland Muley!

wrkn2hunt

FNG
2017 one of the girls drew her ND badlands youth tag. In our state the youth get to hunt a special season when 14 for a buck. For whitetail its statewide but for mule deer you have to draw a tag. She applied and drew! Now this daughter is a hell of a hunter with bow and rifle so getting her to practice is usually not a problem.
JC practice.jpg

Finally the youth opener was here and falls the middle of September. We packed up and headed west for a 4 day muley mission!JC drive.jpg

We got out west and set up camp. We tent it and do it right so the kids get the full experience. Only difference this time was a lot of rain which usually don't happen out there. We hunted hard through the rain and couldn't turn up the buck we had scouted. Finally on the 3rd day of rain we hit a new area and hunted all morning without seeing a deer. 6 miles later and working towards the truck wet and low spirits I finally found a couple of bucks bedded down. I let her get set up and she made the decision to pull the trigger. And to my surprise it was much larger than I had originally guessed.JC deer.jpg

She was super jacked. We went back to camp where two other boys had been camping also. Needless to say she took the largest one in camp during this hunt. We packed up and made the trip home.

Now 2019 and the next daughter who is now 14 just drew the same tag! Needless to say there is a little competition in our house right now.

nodakian

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Dang good one!. Great mass. I finally drew a MD buck tag so hope I find one similar. My two boys have the WT doe tags, too, so season might be a little busy. I told them I might be a bit greedy with my time this year because the buck tag is so hard to get.

slick

WKR
Congrats! Enjoy reading about old stomping grounds. Good luck.

Cubby

WKR
Great buck and congrats to your daughter for making a good choice on bucks

jfs82

WKR
That had to have been an awesome dad experience! I can't wait till my boy is old enough to go on hunts.

2017 one of the girls drew her ND badlands youth tag. In our state the youth get to hunt a special season when 14 for a buck. For whitetail its statewide but for mule deer you have to draw a tag. She applied and drew! Now this daughter is a hell of a hunter with bow and rifle so getting her to practice is usually not a problem.
View attachment 111132

Finally the youth opener was here and falls the middle of September. We packed up and headed west for a 4 day muley mission!View attachment 111133

We got out west and set up camp. We tent it and do it right so the kids get the full experience. Only difference this time was a lot of rain which usually don't happen out there. We hunted hard through the rain and couldn't turn up the buck we had scouted. Finally on the 3rd day of rain we hit a new area and hunted all morning without seeing a deer. 6 miles later and working towards the truck wet and low spirits I finally found a couple of bucks bedded down. I let her get set up and she made the decision to pull the trigger. And to my surprise it was much larger than I had originally guessed.View attachment 111134

She was super jacked. We went back to camp where two other boys had been camping also. Needless to say she took the largest one in camp during this hunt. We packed up and made the trip home.

Now 2019 and the next daughter who is now 14 just drew the same tag! Needless to say there is a little competition in our house right now.

Very nice buck