Another boot question, on fit and recommendation. (Asolo alternatives)

Jherek

Lil-Rokslider
I know you guys get flooded with what boot is best, but I'm looking for someone who's maybe been in the same situation. The only higher end boots I've ever owned are Asolo TPS 520 Evo, and Kennatrek moutain extreme. The Kennas are okay, a little to stiff, bulky for my liking, and I don't really care for a tall boot. I LOVE LOVE my Asolos, but they are about 5 yrs old, and from what I've read lately their quality as went in the crapper. It's a 50/50 weather they'll last, or blow out in a yr. That's the only thing holding me back from getting another pair, but I've got huge knee and back issues finding something to fit and feel like they do might be hard.

It's going to be order a bunch of pairs online, as I have nowhere to try them on. I'm just seeing if someone has run the TPS 520, and happily switched to X Y or Z and can help speed up the process. I'm open to anything in that $400 and under range, I've given Crispi a lot of thought, leaning towards them, I like a full leather upper vs the mess material, and a good stiff boot, just not as stiff as my Kennas, it will be an everyday, and early archery season back country Elk/Muley boot, not crazy terrain, but something I can still stalk decent in and haul a heavy load out.

Thanks for any input, and help!

wildcat33

WKR
Some good deals on scarpas right now. Zodiac or kinesics maybe? Better quality than asolo or la sportiva imo. Zamberlan makes a nice boot as well.

Hard to find one boot to do it all. For bow hunting, tiptoeing around the woods the Salomon X ultra might be the way to go.

OP
J

Jherek

Lil-Rokslider
Some good deals on scarpas right now. Zodiac or kinesics maybe? Better quality than asolo or la sportiva imo. Zamberlan makes a nice boot as well.

Hard to find one boot to do it all. For bow hunting, tiptoeing around the woods the Salomon X ultra might be the way to go.

Thanks for the info, ill check them out.
Good point about finding one that will do it all. I guess I'd lean towards a boot that does it all, with a lighter pack, I can always keep my Kennatrek at the truck for packing out after the first trip.