another Colorado newbie

WKR
New guy from Colorado here. I've enjoyed archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts here in Colorado for many years. Have a couple of older teenagers who both love hiking and hunting with me. Have read and appreciate a lot of the input on the site here. As someone said, it might get a little expensive. Son has a archery bighorn tag so we are busy training, scouting, and buying lighter weight backpacking gear.

Look forward to learning more here and if I can help someone with Colorado info, feel free to pm me. Kurt

OP

WKR
Thanks SHTF. Got good boots and son just went with a Stone Glacier Solo pack. I think I can afford either a lightweight sleeping bag or perhaps a lightweight tent. After that we have the zeiss spotter and good archery tackle. I rolled a 9 year old ram in 2000 so hoping some of the hunter's luck is still with us. Looking at a Kifaru slick bag or perhaps a cloudburst 3 tent. Any input welcomed. Thank you

808phreak

FNG
Aloha Kurt!!! Welcome and congrats to your son on the tag. I'm a new resident to colorado and hope to draw a ram tag in the future. It would be a dream hunt.

OP

WKR
Thanks for the welcome to everyone. He was lucky at 19 to draw that tag. Heck he might draw another one or two down the road. Really planning on enjoying the tag and all the scouting leading up to the hunt. If we get into some rams this summer will post a few pics hopefully.