Another first lite shout out.

Lowg08

WKR
Just want to thank first lite customer service. Had a warranty replacement on gaiters. Told them I had a hunt coming up soon. I sent them my return tracking number on the second of September and received my gaiters this morning. Thanks a bunch. Will continue to buy from them

H80Hunter

WKR
Yeah this has always been my experience with them as well. Had a couple warranty claims and they’ve always made things right with me

JMalmy

FNG
I hope everything with FL is top notch. I’m going to be heading over to them from SKRE. I hope it’s the right decision, but only time will tell.

OP
Lowg08

Lowg08

WKR
I hope everything with FL is top notch. I’m going to be heading over to them from SKRE. I hope it’s the right decision, but only time will tell.
Just depends on what particular type of hunting you do

JMalmy

FNG
Just depends on what particular type of hunting you do
I actually decided to give them a call and chat w them a little bit to see what would best fit my needs. Be that theyre a few hours away.

OP
Lowg08

Lowg08

WKR
I’m plum on the east coast in NC so I’ve had to completely trust in their advice. It’s been spot on. I kinda hunt western style. Kinda. Allot of hiking and long walks using a saddle or sitting in the ground or still hunting. Now im close to a fanboy but not blind to other companies that may have a better item.

BKehoe05

FNG
I will no longer be purchasing First Lite gear in the future. I was beyond excited about their products and 6 days into wearing a pair of their Obsidian Merino Wool pants I got a hole in the left leg on the rear at the back of my quad. I sent them a photo of the hole and the response is this is wear and tear. If their products are failing after 6 days, then they have a faulty product. I agree if I had torn the pants it would be by my own fault and I will gladly take responsibility for it, however there are numerous spots throughout the pants in which threading is fraying in their pants. These are supposed to be a “rip stop” design. Newsflash to First Lite, it isn’t.
Off to Sitka Gear after all I guess.

OP
Lowg08

Lowg08

WKR
I will no longer be purchasing First Lite gear in the future. I was beyond excited about their products and 6 days into wearing a pair of their Obsidian Merino Wool pants I got a hole in the left leg on the rear at the back of my quad. I sent them a photo of the hole and the response is this is wear and tear. If their products are failing after 6 days, then they have a faulty product. I agree if I had torn the pants it would be by my own fault and I will gladly take responsibility for it, however there are numerous spots throughout the pants in which threading is fraying in their pants. These are supposed to be a “rip stop” design. Newsflash to First Lite, it isn’t.
You do realize they are merino still and I’ve got a hole in mine too. Also many frayed strings. Just the nature of the beast with delicate fabric.

Hornpout

FNG
I've always had good luck with First Lite products and their customer service. They replaced a klamath for me after the zipper failed well over a year after purchased. I will continue to buy from them in the future.

I have 3 pairs of them, and the crotch had worn out on all pairs (there is a post about this on the forum). At different times I returned them back to FL and was able to get a new pair sent back to me. Now my replacement pairs are also wearing in that same area. I think that I am just going to deal with it now going forward, and I have just chosen to not buy any new Obsidian pants from them. Just my choice. I will say though that I absolutely love the pants!

Wrench

WKR
I emailed about a zipper failure which took forever to get a response....and that turned into a song and dance, so I just had it fixed locally. To be fair, I reached out to sitka about a strap that failed to see if they could repair it during the rona....which was also a flop.

I had a kryptek issue this year and they were on it in minutes with a solution that was super fair.

OP
Lowg08

Lowg08

WKR
I’m sure there are instances in every company none are perfect by far.
I like my obsidian foundry but I won’t buy anymore. I just find myself in my corrugate foundry 99% of the time