Another Hello from NC

Doc2011

FNG
I am from south of Charlotte.

A bit about myself. I’m a lifetime shooter/hunter/fisherman. I started competing in USPSA about 20 years ago. I added some 3-gun to that eventually. I competed hard for a while until I changed course and started raising baseball players but kept my hand in it just not 50,000 rounds a year any more. Now unfortunately there isn’t any more baseball but the upside is I now compete regularly in sporting clays and I have started checking off some bucket list things long before too late. Which brings me to you guys. I plan to hunt “out west”, as we refer to it, quite a lot for the years to come. My oldest and I took huge Texas whitetails last year and I’ve started preparing for mule deer elk and antelope. Thank you all in advance as I am feeling a little over my head.

And to answer Mattpalachian I love to carry the gun and fly rod on the same trip.

Bl704

WKR
I am from south of Charlotte.

A bit about myself. I’m a lifetime shooter/hunter/fisherman. I started competing in USPSA about 20 years ago. I added some 3-gun to that eventually. I competed hard for a while until I changed course and started raising baseball players but kept my hand in it just not 50,000 rounds a year any more. Now unfortunately there isn’t any more baseball but the upside is I now compete regularly in sporting clays and I have started checking off some bucket list things long before too late. Which brings me to you guys. I plan to hunt “out west”, as we refer to it, quite a lot for the years to come. My oldest and I took huge Texas whitetails last year and I’ve started preparing for mule deer elk and antelope. Thank you all in advance as I am feeling a little over my head.

And to answer Mattpalachian I love to carry the gun and fly rod on the same trip.

Welcome neighbor. I'm on 'the other side of town', but happy to chat if you are thinking about heading west with stick and string or any insights I can offer as a fellow flatlander.

OP
Doc2011

Doc2011

FNG
Welcome neighbor. I'm on 'the other side of town', but happy to chat if you are thinking about heading west with stick and string or any insights I can offer as a fellow flatlander.
I’ll take you up on that. Thanks!

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie