Another mature NW Florida buck down...

Was fortunate to connect with this one yesterday afternoon. Bucks and does beginning to associate with each other. I had does feeding in front of me with 45 minutes of light left. Had also watched a decent buck cross several hundred yards of pasture around then on his way towards me. Closest he ever got was 400 yards and I lost him in some cut over. With about 30 min of light left I decided to doe bleat and followed it up with a little very light grunting. 15 min later this guy came in on a rope. I'm not sure if the calling did the trick, but maybe it did. Calling doesn't usually do much good here and we're still a couple weeks from peak of chasing. I will say that the only time I definitely had success with a call here was from this same stand. It was mid February and in theory time for second round of chasing. She agressive tending grunts convinced a good buck to hang a 90 and come tight to me. He took a bullet to the chest at 100 yards.

Anyway, this one made a fatal error yesterday. Took hitlister #1 during archery, and #3 yesterday. If im able to take out #2, it will be an epic year for my little 40 acre piece!

Fdh

Lil-Rokslider
nice and tall for fl
waiting for my knee to heal up from surgery hoping it is well enuf to be in the jasper area for the last weekend!

Nice Deer. You have me thinking about some kind of rut migration hunt. Start up here in Indiana in November and make my way south following the rut!

Thanks for sharing

Shrek

WKR
Congratulations ! Funny how deer rut different times within just a few miles. My club in southern Georgia has two properties about 8 miles apart. The peak of the rut is two weeks different between them. Nice buck !

OP
P
Congratulations ! Funny how deer rut different times within just a few miles. My club in southern Georgia has two properties about 8 miles apart. The peak of the rut is two weeks different between them. Nice buck !

Yeah, I can be in different parts of Ga, Al and FL within 3 hrs of my door. Can get good chasing action for 6 weeks or more if work, weather and necessary invitations all line up.

Nice buck! Good luck finishing out the season. I'll be out chasing over the next few weekends trying to find a good buck. Been some years so feel like I'm due for one soon!