Another MN guy

Due to the new forum rules I figured I should introduce myself and try to add some value here. I’ve been lurking since 15’ and have gotten a lot of great info from Rokslide.

About me-
I’m 30 years old, mechanical engineer, and I’m currently living in Bemidji MN where I grew up. I’ve been hunting whitetails and grouse since I was a kid and was able to go on a few rifle elk hunts in CO while I was in high school. Fast forward to 15’ I was in the oilfield and became re-obsessed with hunting. I quit my job in the fall of 16’ and went on a solo archery elk hunt in MT for 3 weeks. I still haven’t arrowed an elk but I’ve had a little success over the past couple years. I try to go on as many western hunts as time and money allow.
Based on the number of hunts I have planned this fall a might have to quit my job again. As of now my plan is to move to Montana summer 2020 so I can hunt more. Here are a few of my recent hunts, thanks everyone!
2e72bdf2032a503a93b13dc6c0b93ed2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice, I'm from Grand Rapids, but now live in the greater state of ND! Were you in the oil field in ND or somewhere else?

OP
filthyskills
Yes I was. I worked for rockpile & weatherford. Frac for 4 years. That’s cool the Grand Rapids area is nice.

Yeah I like to visit, but I am stuck on ND there are a lot more hunting and way better fishing opportunities out here. But to each their own, nice to meet you!

OP
filthyskills
It’s a good place to be stuck. Most people don’t know nd has better fishing and hunting that mn. Which city are you in?

mmcdonough

Lil-Rokslider
I live in the Walker area, small world! I'm in the opposite of your situation. Moved out here from the West when I met my wife about 5 years ago. I'll be heading back out to Idaho this fall for an OTC Archery Elk hunt of my own, I miss the mountains a little too much!

Welcome and congrats on your western success! I quit my job a few years ago in Missouri and moved to Colorado. There is no cure once you get bit by the "Western Bug".