Another new guy in CO

puckhead

FNG
Hey y'all. Been digging around on here for info long enough I figure it's time to log on and introduce myself. I live on the Front Range and have been chasing big game in Colorado for four seasons now. Have had some success. I transition to pheasant after big game season and hunt turkeys in the spring. Fly fish year round too. Hockey player as my user name suggests. Happy to be able to contribute to the site now, as I've learned a lot from reading others' posts. Wish everyone luck this fall.

Rickyv

FNG
welcome aboard, I will be heading to colorado this year chasing muledeer I have 12 points and trying to choose second season 44 or third season 551 or wait another year or two for third season 55. I would appreciate your opinion on which one you would choose. thanks

OP
puckhead

puckhead

FNG
welcome aboard, I will be heading to colorado this year chasing muledeer I have 12 points and trying to choose second season 44 or third season 551 or wait another year or two for third season 55. I would appreciate your opinion on which one you would choose. thanks
Thanks man. I lived in and near 44 for a couple years recently but wasn't too impressed by the numbers of deer I saw. I did see a few studs but they were few. I don't have much experience with 551 or 55, aside from fishing around Gunnison a few times. It's beautiful country. If I had 12+ points I wouldn't even think about 2nd season. I'd look for a 3rd or 4th season tag to get closer to the rut and study the migration routes on the DOW atlas.

Rickyv

FNG
Thanks much for the intel. I like the looks of 44 but it seems to be the general consensus that the third season is better