another newb

Hey fella's
Been a lurker for a while. Was ref here by my buddy Austin. Lurked for a while too.

Born and raised in SWPA chasing whitetails. When i graduated HS i knew i wanted to 'come out west to hunt elk' Joined the AF and after a few years of bouncing around wound up in Albuquerque NM. I cant go back to the east and hunt now. The west is where i belong. Pack on back and glasses on my neck DIY on public land.

Been fortunate enough to draw some good tags here..

Here's a Ewe Big horn with a flintlock (PA style with a roundball)

010.jpg

And here's my first Muley with the same gun

011.jpg

Looking forward to the draw next week to start planning my fall. Hoping for a Couse hunt this year.

Keep the wind at your back
Jon

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Great harvests with the smokepole. Can't say I've ever heard of a sheep with a muzz/roundball. Glad you're here.

OP
J
Thanks guys!

Truth be told, the sheep hunt was pretty much a depredation hunt. The herd got bigger than the area could sustain. They were not very wild, so i decided to do it with something special.

That being said, it still wasnt easy. It was a wilderness hunt with my best hunting partner and we did it all on our backs 7 miles into the wilderness.

Camp
View attachment 7342

The hike in
View attachment 7342

Another of the trophy
View attachment 7343

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Welcome Jon! Thanks for your service and for joining the site! Your links didn't work, but if you go to your profile and create a photo album with the photos you can then just copy the bb code link into your posts. The photos will show up full sized.

Coop

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warlord