Another newbie from Oregon!

OreTK

FNG
Or should I say "oldie"? Im Ron, I'm 56 and live near Mt Hood in Oregon. Married to my wife Terry going on 33 years and we have two son's that are 23 and 19. Been a bowhunter since 1984, and hunted with a stickbow since 1986. Blacktail bucks, elk, turkeys, and sheds are my favorite things to hunt. My current weapon of choice is a Blacktail Elite VL recurve and I build my own douglas fir arrows to hunt with.

Worked in the woods my entire adult life with the last 25 as a timber faller. But bad knees and open heart surgery put an end to all that fun. Spend my time building wood arrows, photographing wildlife and scenery, and hiking the mountains, and woodlands of Oregon.

Hope I have something to contribute to this hunting site to earn my keep. :)

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Welcome Ron

I'm from Detroit Lake Oregon, but live in Colorado now. I'm guessing you've fallen a few trees in my neck of the woods!

Thanks for joining!

OP
O

OreTK

FNG
Thanks for the heads up RyanD!

Welcome Ron

I'm from Detroit Lake Oregon, but live in Colorado now. I'm guessing you've fallen a few trees in my neck of the woods!

Thanks for joining!

Aron...I worked just south of Detroit in the Thomas Creek drainage several times...cut some timber in what they called the Avery Tract up there. Actually some pretty nice bulls running around up there!

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome aboard OreTK! With your experience there is no doubt you will have plenty to contribute.