Another newbie

WoodrowCall

Lil-Rokslider
I have been poking around the site as a for a couple years now, reading and learning... Finally signed up as I decided about a year ago I would get serious about a backcountry trip for 2020 archery. I have wanted to backcountry hunt since I was a child growing up in Florida, but due to school/college I didn't have the time or mainly the funds to do so. I do now and plan to jump in feet first! I have been assembling gear for almost a year through reading, making notes, etc... I feel pretty confident (hopefully not to my demise) in the knowledge I have gained through reading and listening to what experienced folks have to say. Although, nothing teaches you like raw experience.

I will say I appreciate the pointers and wisdom from the experienced folks willing to give their thoughts to someone they don't know over the internet. I do understand those who do not want to share successful locations they have sacrificed countless hours, money, and sweat for. I for one think it is mighty pitiful for folks to come on here asking for places to go hunt, rather than sacrificing themselves to gain that knowledge and opportunity. But I suppose that is a sign of the times and the culture in our society. Want all the reward with no sacrifice. Anyways, just want to say thanks to those willing to share insight...

Look forward to learning more over the coming months before my September trip!