Another nice frame mod

wapitibob

WKR
My first extension was just a lifter extension.

attachment.php

I then made another that would lift the bag as well. I could have cored out the center but wanted to see if it worked before i too geeked out on it.

attachment.php

It lays inside the back panel with a cross strap to keep it, the yoke, and the frame from spreading apart. I attach the bottom WeightJacker buckles to the top frame buckles to transfer the downward load into the top of the frame. I run Velcro around the middle cross bar and then around the lower cross bar to keep the panel from lifting up. At this point, the WeightJacker is locked to the frame and any downward load transfers to the frame.

attachment.php

The bag then slips over the WeightJacker, just as it does on the std Nice frame. The exception being a raised lifter attachment and spotter rest protruding from the opening in the bag. I use a single strap to lock the two side bag buckles to the frame.

attachment.php

The repositioned WeightJacker buckles snap into the std bag side buckles.

attachment.php

I then added another buckle to the Nice frames lower "over the top" buckle/strap assy. Then lock the "free end" into the "btm cross bar" female buckles. This locks the btm of the bag to the frame just like the std bag/frame configuration. The added buckle though, gives me a buckled "loop" that I can use for sleeping pad or whatever under the CC bag and tied to the frame.

attachment.php

The spotter/lifter point protruding from the bag..

attachment.php

OP
W

wapitibob

WKR
I think I weighed mine when I filed my initial patent stuff a cpl years ago but don't recall what it was.

Shrek

WKR
The Mystery Ranch stuff is known to be heavy to start so what does it weigh with all the mods ? I think you could just buy a Kifaru Duplex and have all the carry comfort designed in from the start. It would seem to be easier to mod a crew cab bag to fit Kifaru duplex hauler or bikini if that is the attraction than rebuild the nice frame and add a couple of pounds to an already heavy system. Thats some real engenouity and craftsmanship but unless you start shedding the weight somewhere it is soon a a load in its own right.