Another ? on Christensen Arms Radial Brake

stevevan

WKR
Thanks to all who replied to my first question concerning the Radial brake vs Side Baffle Brake from Christensen. The Side Baffle Brake looks very desirable given its reduced muzzle rise and does a better job at recoil reduction. Next question. I realize all brakes are " more noisy" than rifles without brakes. Question is I have the radial brake on my 28 Nosler and I'm familiar with the sound blast. How are the ports directed on the Side Baffle Brake? Slightly forward? 90 degrees? Perceived muzzle blast about same? More? Less? for Baffle Side ported. Thanks for all your help. I like to hear from real users vs calling the manufacturer.

OP
S

stevevan

WKR
Thanks to all who replied to my first question concerning the Radial brake vs Side Baffle Brake from Christensen. The Side Baffle Brake looks very desirable given its reduced muzzle rise and does a better job at recoil reduction. Next question. I realize all brakes are " more noisy" than rifles without brakes. Question is I have the radial brake on my 28 Nosler and I'm familiar with the sound blast. How are the ports directed on the Side Baffle Brake? Slightly forward? 90 degrees? Perceived muzzle blast about same? More? Less? for Baffle Side ported. Thanks for all your help. I like to hear from real users vs calling the manufacturer.
ttt

JBahr

Lil-Rokslider
The ports angle back towards the shooter to aid in reduction of recoil. I installed one on my 300 WSM Ridgeline and it is significantly louder than the standard radial brake. The concussion is also pretty nuts, watch out at indoor ranges! I switched because I shoot prone often and like to spot my impacts. The reduced muzzle rise really does aid in keeping the bipod from jumping off the ground or bench.

FURMAN

WKR
The only thing I notice with the CA side discharge vs radial is no dirt in my face. I may be louder but I can't tell with ear plugs in.

neverquit

WKR
I have a ridgeline in 300wm it came with a steel radial brake. With out the brake out of 10 recoil was about a 8. With the radial brake it was about a 5. I felt like the sounds about the same. With the ti side port brake with port 1 and 3 top plugs removed recoils about a 3 I can stay on target to watch my hits

iseebucks

Lil-Rokslider
Side port is so much better in my opinion. It reduces recoil more, doesn't blow debris in your face, and I didn't notice any increase in concussion or noise over the radial. Easy decision for me.