Another Replaceable Blade Option

Drenalin

WKR
Found this poking around CRKT's site today. Pretty darn cheap and lightweight; not vouching for it but looks like it could be a legit option.

SPECIFICATIONS
Blade Length2.60" (66.09 mm)
Blade EdgePlain
Blade Steel420J2
Blade FinishStonewash
Blade Thickness0.02" (0.51 mm)
Overall Length6.19" (157.18 mm)
Weight0.40 oz. (11.34g)
HandleAcrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS) Plastic
StyleFixed Blade Knife
Sheath MaterialPolypropylene
Sheath Weight0.20 oz. (5.67g)

PDK.png

Was about to say that it looks like pure trouble getting that blade off, but they intend for you to throw the whole thing away. Technically not a replaceable blade. Looks like more trouble than its worth having to pack a few of them in case a blade breaks.

Floorguy

WKR
It looks like a plastic tyto knife. It also comes with 4 replaceable blades so I am not sure why anyone would say its not a replaceable blade knife. Looks like it was designed to just be able to throw away instead of cleaning after the processing is done.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

It looks like a plastic tyto knife. It also comes with 4 replaceable blades so I am not sure why anyone would say its not a replaceable blade knife. Looks like it was designed to just be able to throw away instead of cleaning after the processing is done.

It comes with 4 handles with blades on them. Not just blades.
From the descritpion:

four (#60) blades with protective sleeves. Each has an ABS plastic handle with an ergonomic and comfortable grip.

*This is not a replaceable blade system. The entire handle and blade are to be properly disposed of after one-time use. Leave No Trace.

Last edited:

Floorguy

WKR
It comes with 4 handles with blades on them. Not just blades.
From the descritpion:

four (#60) blades with protective sleeves. Each has an ABS plastic handle with an ergonomic and comfortable grip.

*This is not a replaceable blade system. The entire handle and blade are to be properly disposed of after one-time use. Leave No Trace.
You are right, i glanced at it too quickly

Sled

WKR
i've tried several of the replaceable blade systems and keep coming back to the outdoors edge razor pro. i use the skinning knife to keep the hair off the meat and have never broken a blade. any weight penalty is well worth it, imo.