Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
I
88aa39f980f6c743e88643433a541ef6.jpg

Had a great race on Sunday. Iron Man number six is complete and in the books.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
I
e277bcc5227b09a0e96b80e58be572bd.jpg

3fb053898c8a09c642602a0146b7d3dd.jpg

After getting home from IRONMAN on Monday, I got the truck packed. Ran into some last second truck problems though.

AdamW

WKR
Only Les Welch does an Ironman then starts packing to leave for hunting. Hahaha. You're a freak man!

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Only Les Welch does an Ironman then starts packing to leave for hunting. Hahaha. You're a freak man!

Ha ha thanks buddy. Or just not that sharp, lol.

HOWEVER, I'm going to go with passionately dedicated! ;)

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Got the truck fixed and on the road. I know, I've been MIA, but it's been a crazy summer. I'm going to do a catch up, day by day recap. I might miss a day here and there, and get 2 or 3 days recap, done in one day. I will label those days as DAY 1 and so on down the line. I'll also be posting current happenings now as I prep for the upcoming couple of months. Ironman, multiple deer hunts, a rifle mule deer hunt, and so forth.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
This post is going to rewind back to June, but it's going to catch you up what will be happening in the future.

You guys are seeing and hearing about the Train To Hunt and Fit 4 the Hunt competitions that are becoming more and more popular. Back in June I headed to Train to Hunt Wisconsin with our team of athletes and friends, as always expecting a good time and a punishing workout. As I rolled into the parking lot it was good to see familiar faces and new faces. TTH and F4TH, to me is more about the community than the day. I've met some pretty amazing people, who have become good friends, at these venues. People who share the same fitness and hunting passions and mentality.

This year didn't disappoint. Some of the old faces like Bruce, Dean, (not old like that, lol) Chad, Mitch, Brian, Ed, Peter, Liz, Dana, Bryce, TJ, and a whole bunch I am forgetting, are there laughing, smiling, and having a good time. Off the top of my head some of the new faces that I remember are Jenn, Amy, and Josh. Talking with these people and immediately you know that you're going to hit it off, and they're just good people!! Again, here I am talking about this community of people. Not the competition or who won.......

Chad.frank

Lil-Rokslider
This post is going to rewind back to June, but it's going to catch you up what will be happening in the future.

You guys are seeing and hearing about the Train To Hunt and Fit 4 the Hunt competitions that are becoming more and more popular. Back in June I headed to Train to Hunt Wisconsin with our team of athletes and friends, as always expecting a good time and a punishing workout. As I rolled into the parking lot it was good to see familiar faces and new faces. TTH and F4TH, to me is more about the community than the day. I've met some pretty amazing people, who have become good friends, at these venues. People who share the same fitness and hunting passions and mentality.

This year didn't disappoint. Some of the old faces like Bruce, Dean, (not old like that, lol) Chad, Mitch, Brian, Ed, Peter, Liz, Dana, Bryce, TJ, and a whole bunch I am forgetting, are there laughing, smiling, and having a good time. Off the top of my head some of the new faces that I remember are Jenn, Amy, and Josh. Talking with these people and immediately you know that you're going to hit it off, and they're just good people!! Again, here I am talking about this community of people. Not the competition or who won.......

That really is the best part about it man. Wish more people would get involved and realize that that’s what it’s about and not about who does the best.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Within seconds of getting out of the truck it was back to grins, smiles, and laughs, just like the last event hadn't ended. We shook old hands and new hand. Again it was a terrible day for a competition. Heat index was over 100º, high sun, no wind, and it felt like Death Valley down in that bow. Nobody enjoyed the day, but we all loved the day at the same time, if that made any sense. Everybody was torched, some passing out, some with heat exhaustion. Nobody thumping their chest, just everyone their to pick one another up, sometimes literally.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
One of my favorite things about this group is how real they all are. Josh, Amy, and Jenn have all shot bears since TTH, Dana's in MO right now chasing whitetails and turkey. These aren't Instafamous girls, you won't see them in thongs and bikini's with their Tata's hanging out.The rest of the gang has been out chasing elk, or getting ready and chasing whitetails. All of these guys and girls are legitimate badass hunting athletes. Driven, and striving every day to be better. For the most part all of us train and workout year around. The idea is to remain fit and strong always working to be "mountain" ready. Most all of us are of the mindset that working out and competing is betterment for the hunting months, allowing us to go farther, faster and easier than we would otherwise.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jenn and I have stayed in touch since the competition, sometimes laughing daily at our over zealousness of this hunting training, lol. Wondering how we could both schedule events in hunting season?? She has been hammering away at CrossFit getting ready for the granite games while I've been training for a couple of triathlon's, also during hunting season.....WTF is wrong with us lol! We both did manage to get some hunting in so far while finishing up these events.

We've done some research and pulled the trigger (hopefully literally, very soon) on a rifle mule deer hunt. This will be very new to both of us, both mule deer hunting and rifle hunting outside of WI/MN. We've been doing a lot of research, gear prep, and planning. There will be a bit of posting here on some of our gear and prep as it goes, and hopefully we will have a small bit of service to update the hunt as it goes along, that is an unknown yet. I'll get some pics posted here later, and hopefully Jenn will be able to get some stuff up here as well.

Here is Jenn's social media, give her a follow to see some pretty cool stuff.

IG

Jenn Becker (@jennbecker) • Instagram photos and videos

FB

Page Not Found | Facebook

Last edited:
OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
c6e9719b7823cc9b62b3a779e50f4ae9.jpg

If you have followed the past “seasons”, y’all know what this picture means.