Another Sleeping Bag Thread

ahhyut

FNG
For reasons I'm too embarrassed to go into, I no longer have my slick bag reg/wide 0* after my recent moose trip. I loved the bag and will likely replace it with another long/wide 0*. I live and hunt in Maine and it is very wet, so waking up to a bag that is wet on the outside and still warm is great. The slick bag is great, but it isn't the most compact option. Does anyone have a suggested complement to the slick bag? I am a wide (fat) dude. I was thinking a down EE in extra-wide but didn't know of any other bag manufactures which make really wide option. I was looking at an EE Convert quilt, but didn't know of any comparable options out there. I have yearly plans for northern Maine and am going to be out west in the next year or two as well.

For reasons I'm too embarrassed to go into, I no longer have my slick bag reg/wide 0* after my recent moose trip. I loved the bag and will likely replace it with another long/wide 0*. I live and hunt in Maine and it is very wet, so waking up to a bag that is wet on the outside and still warm is great. The slick bag is great, but it isn't the most compact option. Does anyone have a suggested complement to the slick bag? I am a wide (fat) dude. I was thinking a down EE in extra-wide but didn't know of any other bag manufactures which make really wide option. I was looking at an EE Convert quilt, but didn't know of any comparable options out there. I have yearly plans for northern Maine and am going to be out west in the next year or two as well.

Contact Brian w/El Coyote.

I too am a Fat Kid and was interested in quilts but concerned with constantly exposing my backside.

Brian was the only company to respond to my inquiry, asked for my measurements, and within 48 hrs had a quote on a custom sized quilt.

I’ve ran it on deer hunting trip and heading out for elk today with my 15* Custom Long/XX-Wide Quilt… and the beauty it packs down to the size of a women’s bball and is 34 oz! Absolutely love it!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
ahhyut

ahhyut

FNG
Contact Brian w/El Coyote.

I too am a Fat Kid and was interested in quilts but concerned with constantly exposing my backside.

Brian was the only company to respond to my inquiry, asked for my measurements, and within 48 hrs had a quote on a custom sized quilt.

I’ve ran it on deer hunting trip and heading out for elk today with my 15* Custom Long/XX-Wide Quilt… and the beauty it packs down to the size of a women’s bball and is 34 oz! Absolutely love it!!!!

Thank you! This is the type of feedback I was hoping for. Oregon is on my western list because I have family out that way who casually hunt.

I am looking for more options since the EE isn't a treated down and I have never hunted in a dry environment.

Scoot

WKR
Western Mountaineering Badger- just as warm (or warmer) than a 0 degree Slick and one kick ass bag!

Thank you! This is the type of feedback I was hoping for. Oregon is on my western list because I have family out that way who casually hunt.

I am looking for more options since the EE isn't a treated down and I have never hunted in a dry environment.

Just finished 2nd elk season and I couldn’t be more happier with my custom El Coyote!

I'm a big guy, 6' 1” 270 lbs. I love my EE revelation quilt. I got the long/wide 20° quilt and love it. Once you learn how to use the pad straps the right way it'll keep you covered and warm and still give you room to move around. I can't speak to how it does when wet, but I can tell you it's roomy enough for a big fella.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk