Another Spotter question

Blackstorm

Lil-Rokslider
I Elk hunted last year in Colorado and I'm going again this year to same ranch ( private) shot range from 175-500yards, glassing range 400 yds - 1 mile, i do have bino's the Leoupold BX-4 10x42 which i love.
I think I want a 15-45x 65mm spotter, and yesterday I booked a Moose hunt for 2022 the first question is will this class spotter be satisfactory for a moose hunt ( northern Ontario from boats)? shot range will be shorter per outfitter like 75-250 yds on avg. however glassing range will be across rivers and lakes so 1/2 mile to mile or more possible.
I am still thinking about the Athlon Ares or Maven CS-1 as my primary choices once I can look thru them personally, second choice would be Leupold SX-4.
My question on all of them is how waterproof are they in a hunting situation? I think hunting from a boat is going to present different challenges like waterproof, and on what tripod to use?
From my old days as a photographer i have some old Bogen (manfrotto) tripods but they are heavy and i suspect too tall for a boat but right size for when we are on shore, what has everybody else used in these situations?
Thanks

HuntNTag

WKR
I Elk hunted last year in Colorado and I'm going again this year to same ranch ( private) shot range from 175-500yards, glassing range 400 yds - 1 mile, i do have bino's the Leoupold BX-4 10x42 which i love.
I think I want a 15-45x 65mm spotter, and yesterday I booked a Moose hunt for 2022 the first question is will this class spotter be satisfactory for a moose hunt ( northern Ontario from boats)? shot range will be shorter per outfitter like 75-250 yds on avg. however glassing range will be across rivers and lakes so 1/2 mile to mile or more possible.
I am still thinking about the Athlon Ares or Maven CS-1 as my primary choices once I can look thru them personally, second choice would be Leupold SX-4.
My question on all of them is how waterproof are they in a hunting situation? I think hunting from a boat is going to present different challenges like waterproof, and on what tripod to use?
From my old days as a photographer i have some old Bogen (manfrotto) tripods but they are heavy and i suspect too tall for a boat but right size for when we are on shore, what has everybody else used in these situations?
Thanks

I’ve had my spotters out in the rain and they have been fine. I’ve never submerged them but I have an Ares and it’s been solid in all weather for me.

I’d look at the sirui w-1204 as it’s carbon and waterproof. I personally have that in my Arsenal and it’s fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deadfall

WKR
65mm is too small. Marginally better then binos. I run a 85mm last 2 years and thats great but to big. Been messing with the 80mm's and they are about as close to perfect as there is. Little lighter then 85mm spotters but substantially better at picking things apart at distance, then a 65mm.

Under a mile 50mm binos on a tripod work great. From a mile on..80mm