Another Swaro SLC Question

wildcat33

WKR
Can anyone tell me the difference between the SLC-HD and the newer SLC WB (58310)?

Cosmetically the armoring is slightly different. Optically I have read that they are the same - both with HD lenses and identical coatings. I have also heard that the corresponding price drop was due to a cheapening of the opti-mechanics to meet a lower price point.

Any reason to buy one vs the other?

Northernpiker

WKR
Classified Approved
The SLC-HD are also WB and the newer SLC WB are HD. The W is a stands for a German word for wider field of view and the B stands for a German word for the adjustable eye cups. I don't think there is an advantage to either. I didn't know there was a difference in armoring, but not the first thing I didn't now about.

OP
wildcat33

wildcat33

WKR
I dug a little deeper and found that "the internet" says some changes were made in the close focus mechanism to reduce cost a little in the newer versions. Doesn't seem significant for myself or most hunters. I found a deal that I couldn't pass on the older version so I pulled the trigger on those and then went to outdoorsmans for a micro pan head. Wife wants to have kids next year, so time to start ratholing this stuff now before that little critter comes round.