Another tire thread! 8-10 ply recommendations in a 20" rim?

kamkon58

FNG
I’ve driven bush/mountain for over 30 years. You want something that’s going to get you in & out, Hence the 8-10 ply is an Absolute must. The prices for the 20” tires are still very high due a relatively new size. As well, they all have to beef up their casings to prevent cupping/premature wear etc. All manufacturers are guilty. Forget the brand till they get a good tire built, it will be heavy, you can’t have it both ways. Toyo is as good as anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mcseal2

WKR
We've had better luck with the Cooper ST MAXX tires on our ranch trucks than anything. My diesel spends at least 80% of it's time hooked to the hay or stock trailers. We live on a gravel road and drive more gravel than pavement with our vehicles. I have them on my 1 ton diesel, Dad's 1 ton diesel, and his 3/4 ton gas. My 3/4 ton gas and our feed truck still have Hancook mud tires on them that are a bit more aggressive. Those trucks need all the traction they can get.

I haven't found anything that blends decent mud performance with decent highway wear, especially with a trailer, better than the Coopers. They aren't perfect, just the most aggressive tire I've found that wears that well with loads.