Another truck thread....Ford guys

Guy in a commercial panel truck looking at his cellphone was headed right at me so I swerved, jumped the curb to avoid a head-on and drove through the landscaping between the street and the parking lot below. Never saw the boulder buried in the plants but pushed it a good ways before coming to a stop. The other driver took off. Had to get a new transmission.

IMG_2736.JPG

cobbc03

Lil-Rokslider
Ya know what the difference between a Ram truck driver and a Ford truck driver is after an 8 hour drive? The Ram driver can still walk upright, pain-free. Rent em, drive em a good ways and see for yourself. When my Ram went into the shop after hitting this...

View attachment 313182

...I was stuck driving an F150 rental for a couple of weeks, That damn POS hurt my back bad. My truck is so much more comfortable, even for passengers. No comparison IMO.

View attachment 313186
Yeah its a dodge, it spends half its life in the shop... you're trying to compare apples to oranges. You have a loaded ram, and any rental I've ever seen from a shop would be the equivalent to a XL model ford. They are extremely uncomfortable. Step up to an XLT or higher and they are much more comfortable, and wont spend as much time in a shop either, plus they look better...

Another-Hilarious-Ford-Meme0480908171498649314.jpg

The 6.2l motors and trans are pretty dang tough to beat for reliability, especially when tuned down to super duty power levels. Mine is in a raptor but it’s never seen anything besides fluids, filters and spark plugs at 100k. Just rolled 130k this morning. Mileage sucks but it’s a big gas V8, it’s going to suck regardless. I’ve driven both the 3.5EB and 5.0 and hated the way they felt low in the rpms. Gutless. The smaller motors like to be wound up while the 6.2 pulls hard from the bottom.

BCsteve

WKR
The 6.2l motors and trans are pretty dang tough to beat for reliability, especially when tuned down to super duty power levels. Mine is in a raptor but it’s never seen anything besides fluids, filters and spark plugs at 100k. Just rolled 130k this morning. Mileage sucks but it’s a big gas V8, it’s going to suck regardless. I’ve driven both the 3.5EB and 5.0 and hated the way they felt low in the rpms. Gutless. The smaller motors like to be wound up while the 6.2 pulls hard from the bottom.
Ya, totally gutless...

Ya, totally gutless...
The eco is lighter, depending on the year has more gears, and they’re both at wide open throttle. I’m not drag racing around town every day. Driving to work and back I rarely crack 3k rpm. Feel free to post all the YouTube videos or screenshots of dyno tests you want, but I found the 6.2 more enjoyable for my driving style.

BCsteve

WKR
The eco is lighter, depending on the year has more gears, and they’re both at wide open throttle. I’m not drag racing around town every day. Driving to work and back I rarely crack 3k rpm. Feel free to post all the YouTube videos or screenshots of dyno tests you want, but I found the 6.2 more enjoyable for my driving style.
Ok, I won't tell you then that the EB makes max HP and torque at lower rpm than the 6.2. I'm a Ford guy, I love my truck and I'm glad you love yours. You don't need to justify anything to me.

Not in the market right now for a new truck,but currently have a ford f-250 it is a 2004 with 79 thousand miles bought it brand new, it has done very well and am extremley satisfied with it, now on the other hand my neighbor just bought a ram power wagon that thing is a beast, if I decide too buy a new truck in the future I will look hard at them power wagons.

I can weigh in on this I bought 2021 f250 tremor xlt with the 7.3l and I am burning up spark plug wires just towing my 8k bumper pull toy hauler. My dealer and Ford customer complaint line have been less than helpful but supposedly there is a new part number coming out for this but right now I can say that I wish would have bought a power wagon instead. I tow around 10k enough that I thought the tremor would fit better regret it now Ford sucks! I came from a tundra with 160k of zero issues.

MasonfromWi

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve had my ‘20 F250 a little over a year now. 6.7 Powerstroke averages 19.7 in the Wisconsin “Driftless Region”, plenty of hills and curves. I couldn’t be happier with it! A friend just bought a GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 with the small diesel and he’s getting 33-35 mpg, that’s pretty impressive IMO.

Attachments

• 33BB1019-5535-4B0F-96BE-AADD0549E7A9.jpeg
    33BB1019-5535-4B0F-96BE-AADD0549E7A9.jpeg
    567.6 KB · Views: 55

Gutshotem

WKR
Doesn't answer your question but when you do decide to buy don't just go along with whatever extended warranty they want to sell you. You dont have to buy from your dealer and I think you actually have up until the factory warranty expires to purchase an extended. Flood Ford has about the lowest prices you'll find. You can purchase through them or at least try to get your dealer to match.

Wrench

WKR
My new company truck is a 4x4 crew 6.2. Comfy enough, but 9.9mpg average so far. My personal powerstroke and cummins trucks get 2x the miles per tank of the gas truck. It also has an engine rattle that makes me nervous. In sure it's normal....but uneasiness sets in.

2five7

WKR
If you want a Super Duty, skip the 6.2/ 6 speed, and get the 7.3/ 10 speed. Big time upgrade in power and towing. Peak numbers aren't night and day, but the 7.3 makes 400+ torque from 1500 RPM on up.

A properly equipped F150 would most definitely serve you well, get one with the max tow package and the 6.5' bed, that way you'll get the 36 gallon fuel tank.

Not in the market right now for a new truck,but currently have a ford f-250 it is a 2004 with 79 thousand miles bought it brand new, it has done very well and am extremley satisfied with it, now on the other hand my neighbor just bought a ram power wagon that thing is a beast, if I decide too buy a new truck in the future I will look hard at them power wagons.
Never buy a brand new truck, buy a slightly used one and let owner #1 take the depreciation hit. This way you can treat it like the glorified wheel-barrel trucks are meant to be and with the savings you can customize it the way you like. I bought this one for $3400.00 under KBB...

2014_ram_1500-pic-3412106238762058088-1024x768.jpeg

...and turned it from a puddle-sniffing Mall cruiser into a badass backcountry brute.

IMG_1358.JPG

Never buy a brand new truck, buy a slightly used one and let owner #1 take the depreciation hit. This way you can treat it like the glorified wheel-barrel trucks are meant to be and with the savings you can customize it the way you like. I bought this one for $3400.00 under KBB...

View attachment 313484

...and turned it from a puddle-sniffing Mall cruiser into a badass backcountry brute.

View attachment 313485
In normal times I would agree but with the chip shortage and the price of used trucks it's not the case. My 21 F250 that was delivered last week blue books for 10k more than what I paid when I drove it off the lot. I am sure depreciation will catch up with me when chip production is back to normal, but for now it's all good.

MasonfromWi

Lil-Rokslider
My situation was similar, I drove my truck off of the lot after paying 12k under MSRP.

Step 1 - Google how to get X plan pricing and join the online club for like $30.
Step 2 - Find a dealer willing to honor X plan pricing on a custom build.
Step 3 - Buy an F350, not an F250. Properly aired down when not hauling, the ride is exactly the same, only with much higher payload/capability (only difference is axle/tires).
Step 4 - Get an XL with the STX package. Has Sync 3 with most of the must-have options. Personally I would make sure to get locking rear diff, upfitter switches and 5th wheel prep package.

I've had an F250 XLT and now have an F350 King Ranch. Kicked myself for buying the 250 first time...

Step 1 - Google how to get X plan pricing and join the online club for like $30.
Step 2 - Find a dealer willing to honor X plan pricing on a custom build.
Step 3 - Buy an F350, not an F250. Properly aired down when not hauling, the ride is exactly the same, only with much higher payload/capability (only difference is axle/tires).
Step 4 - Get an XL with the STX package. Has Sync 3 with most of the must-have options. Personally I would make sure to get locking rear diff, upfitter switches and 5th wheel prep package.

I've had an F250 XLT and now have an F350 King Ranch. Kicked myself for buying the 250 first time...
You left out signing up with Ford marketing to try to get a Private Cash Offer, PCO. I got one for 3k off my 250 and it can be used with xplan pricing...You can also get xplan pricing as a Ford stock owner, at 14 bucks a share it worth picking up some for the discount.

On the Tremor package 250/350 rear ends are the same...only difference is the payload sticker...

You left out signing up with Ford marketing to try to get a Private Cash Offer, PCO. I got one for 3k off my 250 and it can be used with xplan pricing...You can also get xplan pricing as a Ford stock owner, at 14 bucks a share it worth picking up some for the discount.

On the Tremor package 250/350 rear ends are the same...only difference is the payload sticker...

True on the PCO but that's a crap shoot. Got one once but the other never came. Also the stock option requires you hold stock for about 6 months? Long game there.

I'll also throw out to consider long bed. I went from short to long and daily it. Not much worse but I love the 48 gallon tank and added payload...

widnert

Lil-Rokslider
On the Tremor package, the axles are indeed the same between the 250/350. That's the same even in the other packages. Reason the payload difference shows is because on the 250 version of the SuperDuty, the upper overload spring is missing. Whether Tremor package or any other, the spring-pack is different between 250/350. Thus, the payload difference.