Another VA Mountain Buck

WESTERN VA HUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
Got er done this afternoon on opening day of rifle. Walked 8 miles today and finally connected at about 2:30 this afternoon. The wind was blowing something terrible, so I got up and started still hunting around 8 am. Got into a clearcut and started still hunting, so I didn't have to worry about the widow makers...
I love hunting the National Forest! Not many deer, but when it all comes together, there's no better feeling. Even a bonus that I killed him with my own reloads. View attachment 346097View attachment 346098

Been watching one similar did not connect during early muzzle loader season but he is still around, just hope he hangs out until the end of the month when regular season opens.

OP
WESTERN VA HUNTER

WESTERN VA HUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
Been watching one similar did not connect during early muzzle loader season but he is still around, just hope he hangs out until the end of the month when regular season opens.
You'll get him! Just figure you out a plan of attack and wait for the perfect opportunity. The waiting is the hard part...
I jumped this one in early muzzy. Was still hunting that day when it was raining. I had an idea where he was bedding after that, so today was the perfect opportunity to slip back in there with the gusting wind.