Another which camera thread

I'm looking for a new camera. Main uses are digiscoping, landscape, and hopefully some photos with an animal on the ground. I use a Swaro ATX/BTX if that makes a difference for digiscoping. I do take a lot of video when digiscoping so I would like it to take decent video as well.

I know from the past if the camera is a pain to use or real big I won't use it or pack it as much. Most of the time I had good luck with a Canon Elph I believe it was. I had a dslr and never hardly used it or packed it.

The Sony RX100 was recommended to me. Is that the best for what I want to do? I would appreciate any info and suggestions.

Regards, Branden

The RX100 series is excellent as is the Canon G series. Both have 1" sensors which will give excellent results
The best choice is a digital SLR. You can go with a small mirrorless like an Olympus E-M10, Canon M50 or the new Sony A6400
The Olympus has 5 axis image stabilization which helps for videos
I am in most weekdays from 9-6 if you have any questions. As always we offer great deals for members here

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
What's the best Digi scope adapter for the Sony rx1000? I looked around a bit and didn't find anything.
I have this camera a rx1000 ii (don't remember) and it's been impressive. Takes nice video and has a very good micro phone. A nice feature is blue tooth hook up for using your phone for a remote shutter and previewing shots on your phone.

Last edited: