another which hunting scope thread - F1, illuminated, ~3-15x

davsco

WKR
right now it seems to be NF SHV or $$$ ATACR.

really like the leupold vx3i LRP but no illumination. vortex LHT looks great but no first focal.

OP
davsco

davsco

WKR
the main features are F1, illum, ~3-15. 30-35mm tube, 50mm obj.

don't have a budget set, the atacr is $2500 and i'd rather not spend that much, closer to the shv $1200 range but i don't want to save a couple hundred and have it fail in sub-zero with an elk in my sights.

this will be either for my 300wsm or 6.5, not sure which yet. max distance, at least hunting, will be 5-600yds.

lighter is better. but i like lotsa light and realize bigger tubes and objectives generally don't come light. i have a vortex razor hd gen2 3-18 on my prs gas gun and love it, but it is big and heavy.

i don't like second focal plane because i prefer holding over (and certainly for wind) vs dialing and i won't necessarily be at max magnification.

i realize that's still a wide range...

Trijicon has a new 3-18x44 from their new Tenmile series that might be worth looking at.
FFP, illuminated.

OP
davsco

davsco

WKR
Trijicon has a new 3-18x44 from their new Tenmile series that might be worth looking at.
FFP, illuminated.
hmmm hadn't seen that one. 24oz. prefer a wider obj and MOA v MIL. but it checks the big buttons.