Another WY apply question

Steve759

FNG
Just trying to make sure I don't screw this up...

I have 9 nonresident points for antelope. I want to cash them in this year. I would also like to try and get a doe tag for extra meat.

If I understand the draw correctly, applying for an antelope doe tag has absolutely nothing to do with my antelope preference points. My 9 points won't help me draw a doe tag and I also won't lose my 9 points if for some reason I don't draw the buck tag but do draw the doe tag - correct?

There can be some degree of comfort in knowing that every non-res doe app is drawn from the same boat 🤞. Wishing you success!

Just trying to make sure I don't screw this up...

I have 9 nonresident points for antelope. I want to cash them in this year. I would also like to try and get a doe tag for extra meat.

If I understand the draw correctly, applying for an antelope doe tag has absolutely nothing to do with my antelope preference points. My 9 points won't help me draw a doe tag and I also won't lose my 9 points if for some reason I don't draw the buck tag but do draw the doe tag - correct?
Exactly.

Look at the Wyoming Fish and game website. You can increase your odds of drawing does. A coup[le of the "poor access" units have more than 1000 doe tags, but the odds of drawing are very low. Some of the units that are not very popular for the buck draw have very low participation for does as well. It makes the draw more successful. I've gotten doe tags every year I have applied for them (3 in a row), but their not always in the unit I am hunting for bucks in. With 9 points there are some excellent buck draws likely for you. All the best in the draw!

e