Another year, another WDFW donation

Drew desert unit early archery. Hard hunt with a bow but already getting after it with scouting. Anyone who has previously hunted this unit with a bow please pm if you have any tips!

Congrats, desert is a good tag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnB

WKR
Struck out this year.

It would be nice to see WA go to a more discerning system but I don’t see that happening with the revenue generator they have created.

On the plus side my family got lucky this year 2 quality deer tags, 2 buck deer tags, 3 second deer tags, and a spring bear tag.
How big is your family!?

jimmy33

WKR
Simply going to one choice only would help out with draw odds for some of the lesser coveted tags. I have talked to WDFW every year for probably 10 years just trying to get a few subtle changes to help out with draw odds but to no avail. I love Idaho’s system. I know there is no way to get rid of our points or all our categories but OIL or deer/elk and a single choice unit would help.

Kulshan

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats.
Had the peaches tag as an archery quality tag a couple years ago when there were 110 permits. Got into some pretty nice bulls and screwed up on a 340” bull on the last day.

Congrats.
Had the peaches tag as an archery quality tag a couple years ago when there were 110 permits. Got into some pretty nice bulls and screwed up on a 340” bull on the last day.
Thanks. Yeah it ain’t as good at getting the quality tag but as everyone knows in Washington just be happy you saw the word selected you never know when you will see it again. Pretty excited hope it all works out.

Britt-dog

Lil-Rokslider
I pulled any season deer and Palouse whitetail tag. I seem to pull a tag every couple years. I’ve had the Palouse tag a few times, couple archery bull tags, and the north chelan goat tag. 25 points for moose and sheep. I threaten to quit every year but will probably continue as long as I live here.

Huntnnw

WKR
Simply going to one choice only would help out with draw odds for some of the lesser coveted tags. I have talked to WDFW every year for probably 10 years just trying to get a few subtle changes to help out with draw odds but to no avail. I love Idaho’s system. I know there is no way to get rid of our points or all our categories but OIL or deer/elk and a single choice unit would help.

If it doesn’t include more revenue for WDFW they don’t wanna hear it

StuckoYota99

Lil-Rokslider
I wish I would have been educated about points and draw tags when I got my hunters Ed card. Yes it's there in the regs but I had no idea how or what to apply for especially coming from a family who didn't hunt.

Wife has late Quilimine rifle deer tag. Buddy drew mission muzzy buck tag and I have a quality muzzy bull tag. Busy fall if mountain are open.