Ant Control in Floorless Shelter

OP
Moserkr

Moserkr

WKR
If you're just trying to scare people away from your honey-hole...it's working!
Lol not a scare tactic. Havent mentioned a state let alone the actual range. But they are just ants…. The plate sized tarantula that was on my bed in peru is on a whole different level.

@Where's Bruce? thanks for your help. . . Its ants, not bugs in general. I dont mind swatting a few bugs crawling on me throughout the night, actually quite used to it now. But ive never seen ants like this…. There would be no sleep if exposed or left unprotected without some sort of defense.

So get a Stratospire 2 tarptent (or equivalent) with a nest and sleep well. At 3.5lbs I like the SS2.

Phaseolus

WKR
I would suggest diatomaceous earth and sprinkle around the perimeter of your shelter. It is non toxic and should help.

One question, if the ants are that bad it can’t be very cold. Why the need for a heated shelter? Genuinely curious, I prefer a floorless shelter as well, but would make an exception in bad bug country.
Carry diatomceaous earth backpacking? Remember not to breath it in because while it does not have any chemical activity it can damage your lungs if you breathe in a little of that abrasive dust.

OP
Moserkr

Moserkr

WKR
saw a guy put granular salt around his shooting bench to keep the ants away.
Now thats interesting. I think I will do some experimenting around home before i go. Ants arent aggressive or really populated around my house though, even if i am in the mtns.