Antelope-3,3,3,3

Does 3 days count drive time also or do you have 3 full days to hunt?

I think its easily doable. We had 4 buck tags and 8 doe tags our first antelope hunt and I think filled 7-8 tags opening day. And that was a second choice unit.

If the 3 days doesn't count drive time I would have your buddy fly out for the end of the hunt. That way you already have it pre scouted for him. Then he could ride back with you. That way he can deal with his own meat etc.

OP
archp625

archp625

WKR
Does 3 days count drive time also or do you have 3 full days to hunt?

I think its easily doable. We had 4 buck tags and 8 doe tags our first antelope hunt and I think filled 7-8 tags opening day. And that was a second choice unit.

If the 3 days doesn't count drive time I would have your buddy fly out for the end of the hunt. That way you already have it pre scouted for him. Then he could ride back with you. That way he can deal with his own meat etc.
3 days of hunting and 2 days of driving. The 7 days of hunting would be 2 days of driving and 5 of hunting. I’m sorry I didn’t elaborate on this.

hutty

Lil-Rokslider
You can do three days and tag out if you are picky and just want goats. If three days is all you can do, its better than nothing.

wytx

WKR
One question I have , what are your in the field travel arrangements? Meaning one vehicle or bringing atvs? 3 tags in 3 days may be hard if you're all hunting out of one vehicle.
We hunt an area that can be drawn with your PP and do a day hunt every year. We go over for a day or 2 to look for a mature buck and size is secondary somewhat. Last fall we took 2 mature bucks in one day, one was 13" the other 14 1/2. Not monsters by any means but good mature bucks.
If you can split up to hunt, 3 tags in 3 days is doable but hectic.

Rich M

WKR
You guys want to do a big game hunt and then rush back for a wedding that all are involved in? Now that's a stag party!

This wedding date is gonna haunt that guy forever. You think momma is gonna let him go Hunting on his anniversary?

Imo, Best course of action is to wait another year and enjoy the hunt as opposed to rushing it.

Last edited:
OP
archp625

archp625

WKR
One question I have , what are your in the field travel arrangements? Meaning one vehicle or bringing atvs? 3 tags in 3 days may be hard if you're all hunting out of one vehicle.
We hunt an area that can be drawn with your PP and do a day hunt every year. We go over for a day or 2 to look for a mature buck and size is secondary somewhat. Last fall we took 2 mature bucks in one day, one was 13" the other 14 1/2. Not monsters by any means but good mature bucks.
If you can split up to hunt, 3 tags in 3 days is doable but hectic.
We would have one vehicle.

wytx

WKR
You guys want to do a big game hunt and then rush back for a wedding that all are involved in? Now that's a stag party!

This wedding date is gonna haunt that guy forever. You think momma is gonna let him go Hunting on his anniversary?

Imo, Best course of action is to wait another year and enjoy the hunt as opposed to rushing it.

This is good advice. One more PP gets you a little better area too. Antelope seasons can stretch out for 2 months so maybe the anniversary won't play into another year.