Antelope, deer combo outfitter

Im looking for an outfitter to take my daughter and son hunting. They both have a point each for deer and antelope. Not looking for trophy animals. Any recommendations?

OP
W
Im sorry, Wyoming. Not looking to break the bank, but I would like to see them have a good hunt.

EdP

WKR
A buddy and I did an antelope hunt with Table Mountain Outfitters back in 2015. We had a good hunt and there were folks there doing the antelope/mule deer combo and they seemed satisfied. Last fall I hunted mule deer with Craig and Nick Oceanic of Timberline Outfitters and would not hesitate to recommend them. Both hunt the eastern portion of Wy where draw odds are better.

I think your bigger problem may be getting tags with only 1 point. I hunted MD in deer unit 70 under a region D general tag with 2 points but the antelope area is 48 and takes 5 points. In 2015 we hunted antelope area 103. At that time 103 could be drawn in the random but required 2 points last year.

OP
W
A buddy and I did an antelope hunt with Table Mountain Outfitters back in 2015. We had a good hunt and there were folks there doing the antelope/mule deer combo and they seemed satisfied. Last fall I hunted mule deer with Craig and Nick Oceanic of Timberline Outfitters and would not hesitate to recommend them. Both hunt the eastern portion of Wy where draw odds are better.

I think your bigger problem may be getting tags with only 1 point. I hunted MD in deer unit 70 under a region D general tag with 2 points but the antelope area is 48 and takes 5 points. In 2015 we hunted antelope area 103. At that time 103 could be drawn in the random but required 2 points last year.
Thanks Edp!

OP
W
They could do archery as well. My daughter is a crack shot with her cross bow!

Seamaster

Lil-Rokslider
Some of the big outfitters (S&S, etc.) will put groups together to take advantage of the ability to average their points. They sometimes have other hunters with excess points for some of their ranch leases.

Some of the areas in the N.E. Wyoming are mostly private land and don't take many points. You should be able to get a hunt with one point, but you may have to enter the Special draw

I know a few local fellows that don't have a lot of good to say about Table Mountain, but I have no personal knowledge of them. Some outfitters are rumored to badly overhunt a short-term lease before moving on to greener pastures.

BuzzH

WKR
Some of the big outfitters (S&S, etc.) will put groups together to take advantage of the ability to average their points. They sometimes have other hunters with excess points for some of their ranch leases.

Some of the areas in the N.E. Wyoming are mostly private land and don't take many points. You should be able to get a hunt with one point, but you may have to enter the Special draw

I know a few local fellows that don't have a lot of good to say about Table Mountain, but I have no personal knowledge of them. Some outfitters are rumored to badly overhunt a short-term lease before moving on to greener pastures.
Just keep in mind if you go with either S&S or Table Mountain...expect very average animals. They are pretty tough on their leases, their business models are for volume not quality.

Just keep in mind if you go with either S&S or Table Mountain...expect very average animals. They are pretty tough on their leases, their business models are for volume not quality.
Plus, that NE region has been hit pretty hard the last few years with some brutal late winter/early spring storms, persistent drought and EHD outbreaks taking a severe toll on deer and antelope numbers. I've noticed steadily declining numbers and quality bucks the last 3 years. So much so, that I've decided to give it a pass this year (maybe a few years) and look elsewhere.