Antelope Logistics for 2020 WY Trip

Hello fellow sliders!

Buddy and I have general Mule Deer Tags for Region L. Because of the season dates, we plan on hunting the southern portion of the region. I also have 2 Antelope Doe tags for Antelope region 84. We fly into Jackson around 2pm local on October 13th and begin the 3.5 hour drive to Lander for the night.

Logistically speaking, would it be remotely realistic to pop those two does on the way to Lander and drop at a processor or does that seem to be a stretch? We'll have a 4wd Suburban or Expedition with all of our gear. Planning to backpack hunt for Mule Deer. Just wondering if we can get those does knocked out of the way quick.

Also, is there a large retail store (think Walmart) between Jackson and Lander that we'd be able to buy a cheap cooler and fuel canisters for our MSRs.

Additionally, if anyone has any specific tips for either Antelope or MD in these areas, shoot me a PM. Our OnX is already tagged up with e-scouting.

Thanks!

wyosteve

WKR
It depends on what route you plan to take to Lander, ie. Jackson to Pinedale to Lander or Jackson to Dubois to Lander. Doubt you'll be able to get your antelope on the drive, but better potential will be the Pinedale route. That time of year you'll be butting up against dusk by the time you'll be close to Lander. No large retail stores on the drive so best to pick up a cooler in Jackson. Good luck.

WKR
There is a wal mart in Riverton, which is slightly out of your way but not much (25 miles total added), but otherwise no big stores. It's 2.5 hours drive from Jackson to Lander through Dubois.

Good outdoor stores in Dubois and Lander for fuel.

wytx

WKR
Buy your cooler at Walmart in Jackson, might be a little more but not terrible.
We ready for an iffy drive, you never kn ow about the weather and road closures.

OP
D
Thanks for the advice! I did a very quick google search and couldn't find anything about Walmart in Jackson, but good to know one exists. I thought there was, but its been 10 years since I was there.

There's an outdoor store in Pinedale. It's not a box store but it's big enough and should have fuel and coolers

wytx

WKR
oops , maybe not a Walmart in Jackson. You should be able to find a decent price on a cooler though.
Riverton does have one.

Buy your cooler at Walmart in Jackson, might be a little more but not terrible.
We ready for an iffy drive, you never kn ow about the weather and road closures.

There is No walmart in Jackson.. just grocery and hardware stores. Ace hardware in Dubois.... would have suggested flying into casper instead

There was a Kmart in Jackson a few years ago I bought coolers from. I’m assuming it’s still there.