Antelope Outfitter Help

I am looking to go out to Wyoming for a hunt in 2022. I am Canadian , I already have my Wyoming license and have acquired 2 Preference points. I am looking for a rifle hunt where they have lodging and meals available.

I’m booked with Sweetwater Outfitters for this season. They do both lodge hunts and town hunts. I’m doing a town hunt though but will report back after my hunt. I chose this outfitter based on a couple of recommendations from different people on different forums.

OP
BraedenD93
I’m booked with Sweetwater Outfitters for this season. They do both lodge hunts and town hunts. I’m doing a town hunt though but will report back after my hunt. I chose this outfitter based on a couple of recommendations from different people on different forums.
Perfect that would be great I appreciate it !

EdP

WKR
A buddy and I used Table Mtn Outfitters back in 2015 and it worked out well. We both tagged out on the first day of a 3 day hunt. Our guide took us to a 30,000 acre private ranch with plenty of pronghorn. You will learn enough about hunting pronghorn in a day that you won't need to use an outfitter again.

EdP

WKR
I think EMM's point is that Wy issues annual licenses so you will need to get a 2022 license in 2022, a conservation stamp, and draw a tag in the 2022 draw. The 2020 draw odds changed significantly from recent prior years so predicting results became difficult to impossible. Hopefully we will see some return to normalcy this year and you will be able to better predict your odds next year. Results come out June 17th. You will also have the opportunity to get a 3rd pref point.

Rich M

WKR
Antelope hunting is fun. You will enjoy yourself. It is not a difficult hunt like climbing a mountain to get near some elk, you'll see animals all day long and about everywhere.

Are you wanting to hunt a certain area? or just anywhere that you can draw a permit?

The next thing to consider is what you want for accommodations and such. You can stay at a 5-star lodge or you can stay in a hotel room.

Then you want to consider the size of the antelope you want to shoot.

Think of all the questions you want to ask. You will also want to call the references.

WY might have an outfitters association - you can contact them for a list of outfitters and to ask who to go with, or at least who has complaints against them and should be avoided.

wytx

WKR
Plenty of outfitters that are not members of the outfitters association, use one of them.

Old Blue

FNG
Hi, I have the same combo hunt booked for next week with Sweetwater so was hoping I could get some insight from you on how your experience was with them? Thanks!