Antelope Rump Roast

Does anyone have an antelope rump roast recipe? Preferably crock-pot (weeknight) Everything I find is about braising cuts with alot of connective tissue, and this rump roast couldn't be a more tender cut. I've never done much braising besides brown in cast-iron and then crock-pot. I know I've had some good ones over the years but am bad about writing stuff down!

bowkill02

Lil-Rokslider
Try half of a dry ranch seasoning packet, 1/4cup Italian salad dressing, and one stick of butter. Cook on low for 8hrs.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

desertcj

WKR
I've done it like stew in a crockpot before. Just used a beef stew seasoning packet from the store, onions, carrots and potatoes. I may have added stewed tomatoes, I cant remember. The potatoes, I could take em or leave em.

OP
G
I pretty much did that, I ended up doing a spice dry rub, let sit overnight in fridge. Browned it this morning, deglazed pan with some red wine, added 2C beef broth and threw it in a crockpot with potatoes, parsnips, baby carrots.

My best recipe with an elk roast has been a coffee/brown sugar rub, cook in my smoker until medium rare, serve with horseradish.

SharkDog

FNG
I pretty much did that, I ended up doing a spice dry rub, let sit overnight in fridge. Browned it this morning, deglazed pan with some red wine, added 2C beef broth and threw it in a crockpot with potatoes, parsnips, baby carrots.

My best recipe with an elk roast has been a coffee/brown sugar rub, cook in my smoker until medium rare, serve with horseradish.

That elk sounds delicious!

If it's a good cut, I'm going to suggest going a different direction. Reverse-sear it. Put in in a sous vide, smoker or oven with a probe in the center of the meat. Set the sous vide for 125 degrees, or keep the other options at around 250 degrees until the roast his 125. Take it out, let it rest for 5 minutes, then sear it super hot on a cast iron or grill >500 degrees 1 minute each side. Let it rest for 10 minutes or so, then slice it up and serve.