Antelope Sausage with apples and onions

Trial153

WKR
Antelope Sausage with Apple and onion. Grabbed this Recipe from the @meateater , I took almost no liberties with it except adding a touch more fat.
First step is done. Drying them in the fridge and they hit the smoker Sunday morning.
The finished product.. light smudge at 140 for couple hours
7899b18a0aee829a65a7af06729bc82b.jpg
c301a82f2b51ffd47737ab5f2c11e204.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Trial153

Trial153

WKR
That does look good, what’s your setup for making sausage?

Thanks.

I am at the point we’re I am doing everything at home, using a 1hp grinder with a 22 neck, i also have older vertical stuffer, think it’s 5 or 7 pounds. I just bought new 15 pound duel gear stuffer and chamber sealer. I am in then midst of switching things up a bit.

scooter25

FNG
I will be a making my own fresh sausages for the first time this year and am wondering what the best way to prepare and freeze them is. I'll be doing a few different seasonings Garlic chili, bratwurst, and hot italian. After you mix the seasoning and stuff the caisings do you freeze them raw then unthaw when ready to cook and eat or do you smoke then freeze?

OP
Trial153

Trial153

WKR
I will be a making my own fresh sausages for the first time this year and am wondering what the best way to prepare and freeze them is. I'll be doing a few different seasonings Garlic chili, bratwurst, and hot italian. After you mix the seasoning and stuff the caisings do you freeze them raw then unthaw when ready to cook and eat or do you smoke then freeze?

You can do either. However if your planning on smoking sausage I recommend that you do it pre freezing, you will get a nicer product.
Sausage your going to leave fresh, just vac or wrap and freeze it, take it out to thaw and then cook it however you want to.