Anthony Bouchard WY for Congress 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billinsd

WKR
I don't know anything about him, other than what I've read, which is fantastic! After the recent human spontaneous combustion, there's a vacancy right now that he could probably easily fill. What other prospects are there?

OP
B

Billinsd

WKR
Are you going to move to Wyoming and vote in the election?
Is this a pure political thread?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
Not in the 2022 election. I might donate money to his campaign if that's legal. Mostly political thread. However, what does this politician have to offer hunters? Maybe folks on this forum could help promote Republicans that are proactive for hunting in the primaries?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
As with any bill, you really have to do your due diligence to fully understand every aspect of it.......who initiated it, why it was initiated, intent, does the bill provide the final outcome that was expected with the intent, unintended consequences, is more bureaucracy needed even if the intent was decent to start with, does the bill better benefit the state as a whole more so than without it, etc, etc.

There are a whole gob of bills that I've seen in many states and nationally that may have had good intentions, but I would have voted no on them because of other issues with it......or the implementation of it. A "yes" or "no" vote rarely provides the whole story. In many cases the intent of a bill may better benefit the state as a whole, but has issues with the "way or conditions" in which it is written or to be implemented........or has unintended consequences that aren't identified within the bill........or even anticipated by the originator of the bill.

So one gets labeled as a non-friendly to hunters without understanding what was behind the whole process and their vote. I'm not saying that is the case here, I'm just saying that there's a whole lot of other factors that aren't seen by the public and labeling has become rampant in recent years without any basis or background for that.

BuzzH

WKR
As with any bill, you really have to do your due diligence to fully understand every aspect of it.......who initiated it, why it was initiated, intent, does the bill provide the final outcome that was expected with the intent, unintended consequences, is more bureaucracy needed even if the intent was decent to start with, does the bill better benefit the state as a whole more so than without it, etc, etc.

There are a whole gob of bills that I've seen in many states and nationally that may have had good intentions, but I would have voted no on them because of other issues with it......or the implementation of it. A "yes" or "no" vote rarely provides the whole story. In many cases the intent of a bill may better benefit the state as a whole, but has issues with the "way or conditions" in which it is written or to be implemented........or has unintended consequences that aren't identified within the bill........or even anticipated by the originator of the bill.

So one gets labeled as a non-friendly to hunters without understanding what was behind the whole process and their vote. I'm not saying that is the case here, I'm just saying that there's a whole lot of other factors that aren't seen by the public and labeling has become rampant in recent years without any basis or background for that.

I was involved in the process from the start to finish...it wasn't a complicated bill. It was initiated by Cyrus Western (an avid hunter), and Republican from Sheridan. Provides funding via a $9 fee increase on the conservation stamp to fund AccessYes and improve access to public lands for hunting and fishing.

What's not to like? What are the "unintended consequences"...too much access?

Bouchard was a no vote...and every hunting/conservation organization in Wyoming was in favor of the bill.

That should speak for itself...Bouchard may be fine on some issues, but he got this one wrong and was in defiance of Sportsmen.

OP
B

Billinsd

WKR
How difficult is it for hunters to influence primaries and incumbents in states like Wyoming, Idaho, and Montana?

OP
B

Billinsd

WKR
Enough of me beating around the bush. My point of the thread is that I'm greatly disappointed in Liz, I always liked her. Politicians, including Republicans have gotten too greedy and corrupt. What can we do about it?

OP
B

Billinsd

WKR
Bouchard was a no vote...and every hunting/conservation organization in Wyoming was in favor of the bill.
He doesn't appear to be a wealthy man. He appears to be honest and humble?

OP
B

Billinsd

WKR
I just got off the phone with Anthony. He voted against HB 122 because 1) it creates a special account, an ear mark, a trunch, for Game and Fish that doubles the fees and can only be modified, etc. by legislative action. 2) Contains unspecified amounts of money to conservation. Can't see where it is going. He's very leery of "conservation" groups, because they've been taken over by extremists. Otherwise he is pro hunting, open carry, 2nd amendment, Republican corruption and Republicans feathering their nests. He said there is a lot of that in Wyoming. He said the Afl-CIO has been in Wyoming and pushing conservation. Of course he is not against Rocky Mountain elk foundation, etc. He warns that the "Conservationists" code word for environmentalists are not hunters friends.

OP
B

Billinsd

WKR
I can see some disagreeing, especially Buzz and that is fine. There are always two sides of an argument.

BuzzH

WKR
I just got off the phone with Anthony. He voted against HB 122 because 1) it creates a special account, an ear mark, a trunch, for Game and Fish that doubles the fees and can only be modified, etc. by legislative action. 2) Contains unspecified amounts of money to conservation. Can't see where it is going. He's very leery of "conservation" groups, because they've been taken over by extremists. Otherwise he is pro hunting, open carry, 2nd amendment, Republican corruption and Republicans feathering their nests. He said there is a lot of that in Wyoming. He said the Afl-CIO has been in Wyoming and pushing conservation. Of course he is not against Rocky Mountain elk foundation, etc. He warns that the "Conservationists" code word for environmentalists are not hunters friends.
He's already lied to you...how is going from $12 to $21 doubling the conservation stamp fee?

Did you bother to read the bill?

85% of the money is going to access enhancement, the other 15% to migration corridor related expenditures. If he can't "see" where the money is going, I would suggest a pair of reading glasses. There is also going to be an accounting for where the funds are spent.

As to the fee's only being able to be raised via legislation, that's been the case for at LEAST the last 21 years I've lived in Wyoming in regard to hunting/fishing license fees. Longer than he's been a Legislator and he has no point. I'd be more than happy to help/work with Bouchard to draft legislation giving the authority to the Commission to raise license fees without legislation, anytime he wants to.

All I can say is every Sportsmen's group in the State that I'm aware of were in favor of the HB122. It makes sense for Sportsmen...and if Bouchard didn't support it, he's not looking out for hunters.

Period.

OP
B

Billinsd

WKR
He's already lied to you...how is going from $12 to $21 doubling the conservation stamp fee?
Going from $12 to $21 is doubling.
Did you bother to read the bill?
No
85% of the money is going to access enhancement, the other 15% to migration corridor related expenditures. If he can't "see" where the money is going, I would suggest a pair of reading glasses.
I think he wants greater detail, more accountability.
As to the fee's only being able to be raised via legislation, that's been the case for at LEAST the last 21 years I've lived in Wyoming in regard to hunting/fishing license fees. Longer than he's been a Legislator and he has no point.
Ok it's been that way for 21 years and he doesn't like it.
I'd be more than happy to help/work with Bouchard to draft legislation giving the authority to the Commission to raise license fees without legislation, anytime he wants to.
He wants to be able to reduce or eliminate it, possibly.
All I can say is every Sportsmen's group in the State that I'm aware of were in favor of the HB122. It makes sense for Sportsmen...and if Bouchard didn't support it, he's not looking out for hunters.Period.
Hunters are not his top priority. It appears to be core Conservative values and the 2nd Amendment first. Hunters come after.

OP
B

Billinsd

WKR
It's fun to argue and debate you Buzz. We are similar and also different. I often agree to disagree with you, without name calling. I'm not saying you are. Thank you everyone for letting me get this off my chest!! I really appreciate it. We all have different ideas and political beliefs. I strive to know the truth, even if I wrong, because I believe I am right, but sometimes I am wrong. Anthony Bouchard sounds fantastic!! I really enjoyed talking with him. And I was honest that I live in San Diego and would like to make the country a better place and wish him the best in his bid for Congress. Thanks Bill !!!

OP
B

Billinsd

WKR
Thanks Buzz!!! And please no crapping on my thread!!!!!! No name calling. Thank you all for letting me try and do a tiny thing that I think can help the country. Maybe not, Cheers Bill

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks Buzz!!! And please no crapping on my thread!!!!!! No name calling. Thank you all for letting me try and do a tiny thing that I think can help the country. Maybe not, Cheers Bill

I don't see this as an platform for members to activity campaign for thier favorite political favor of the day.

This is not a precedent that benefits Rokslide as a whole.

Politics play a crucial role no doubt but there's a time and place for everything.

OP
B

Billinsd

WKR
I don't see this as an platform for members to activity campaign for thier favorite political favor of the day.

This is not a precedent that benefits Rokslide as a whole.

Politics play a crucial role no doubt but there's a time and place for everything.
It ended up being more of a learning experience for me as well as being able to vent. This thread was born out of my frustration of Republican politics and the state of the country. I'm wasting my time with my current job and who knows maybe I'll get more involved in politics, but not on this forum. I think it has helped me be more kind as well. You can end and or delete this thread. It has served its purpose. Thanks all

Status
Not open for further replies.