anti cants

what are you guys running for anti cant on your LR hunting rigs? I have the light weight talley set up, but it is kinda crappy having to come up and look over the top of the scope to check the bubble. I like Xtreme Hardcore gears pic rail but I really don't want the extra weight and height of adding the rail and new rings.

skierhs

WKR
I use a spurh mount. It has a bubble lever in the mount that I can see under the scope. It’s the best scope mounts I’ve found but is very pricey. It also sits on a 338 so I carry the extra few oz for the durability and features it provides.

I've got the vortex lo-pro, the original vortex one, Spuhr mount with bubble, MK machining 3d printed, and Accuracy 1st scope levels.

Vortex lo-pro is great for being light and low profile but is a bit of a **** to get setup perfect because it rotates slightly as it is tightened down. Original vortex one works fine but is heavier, higher profile, and catches on stuff more than the lo pro. Accuracy 1st levels are just damn nice but a little heavier.

Anything in line with the bottom or top of a scope I.E. built into spuhr, picatinny, or top of the rings is not ideal from my experience as you usually have to move your head to see them. A level on top of a scope ring can impair your vision of your elevation turret. With something offset to the weak side of the scope you can look at it with your off eye without moving your head. That pic mount level posted by XLR looks like a nice option. I do find it convenient to have it mounted to the scope if you ever move scopes between rifles.

skierhs

WKR
I've got the vortex lo-pro, the original vortex one, Spuhr mount with bubble, MK machining 3d printed, and Accuracy 1st scope levels.

Vortex lo-pro is great for being light and low profile but is a bit of a **** to get setup perfect because it rotates slightly as it is tightened down. Original vortex one works fine but is heavier, higher profile, and catches on stuff more than the lo pro. Accuracy 1st levels are just damn nice but a little heavier.

Anything in line with the bottom or top of a scope I.E. built into spuhr, picatinny, or top of the rings is not ideal from my experience as you usually have to move your head to see them. A level on top of a scope ring can impair your vision of your elevation turret. With something offset to the weak side of the scope you can look at it with your off eye without moving your head. That pic mount level posted by XLR looks like a nice option. I do find it convenient to have it mounted to the scope if you ever move scopes between rifles.
I’ll vouch that seeing the bubble on the spurh can be a pain to see. My scope is in a 1.5 height mount so at that point it’s very usable but anything lower and you definitely run into some issues.

BluMtn

WKR
Go with the Sig-Sauer scope and it has the level built into the scope. Never have to lift up to look and your bubble. But I do have a couple scopes on ARs that I use the Nightforce cantilever mounts with the bubble level built into the top ring.

Funny I’m about to order a new scope tube mounted level. Have always used the SWFA one with no issues, I prefer a tube mounted level so I can set it to the reticle, swap scopes between rifles and never have to reset it. I also naturally can’t my rifle stock so it helps there as well.

I’ll me ordering one of the ones from MK Machining. Not terribly expensive and I like the hinged idea.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tdhanses

WKR
Funny I’m about to order a new scope tube mounted level. Have always used the SWFA one with no issues, I prefer a tube mounted level so I can set it to the reticle, swap scopes between rifles and never have to reset it. I also naturally can’t my rifle stock so it helps there as well.

I’ll me ordering one of the ones from MK Machining. Not terribly expensive and I like the hinged idea.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never heard of MK Machining, they make some cool products.

hwy1strat

WKR
The vortex Lo-pro level works pretty well. I have that on two of my scopes now. Like others have said, it can be a little bit of a pain to get leveled since it screws on one side.