Anti-perspirant/deodorant backpack hunt

rm06

WKR
This is something I can't do without when archery hunting in the back country for days on end. Trying to shave some weight and I'm wondering if someone has experimented with ways of packing and using this without the giant plastic twist-up applicator?

Dudes. You're wasting weight by using deodorant. Doesn't help at all for hunting, wind is 100% of the equation.

The weight you want to carry are a few wet wipes. At the end of the day use one to do face, neck, pits, crotch, booty (in that order...). You won't have crunchy sweat on your pillow or your sleeping bag, your BO will be reset to zero (at least what isn't on your shirt), and you'll feel super clean for days on end.

And wet wipes come in really handy for nasty poops or elk blood everywhere when butchering.

Leave deodorant behind with the other humans.

Lol everyone's different.
I had to start carrying it.
Firstlite merino, wet whipes every day.
I still stink so bad after 2-3 days I almost puke if I raise my arms to put pack on.

Trial153

WKR
I like Mitchum gel...I use it daily and when I see I am down to handful of uses I set it aside for when I pack in some place. I can handle the extra two ounces better then I can handle my stinky pits.

jeffpg

WKR
Mitchem, Ban, any of the stout non scented antiperspirants do well. I wet my feet down with them too, just before heading into the hills. Wet wipes are a must have too!

Just weighed an unopened full size antiperspirant and a travel size. The full size was about 4.25 ounces and the travel size was about 1.25 ounces so you will save about 3 ounces. While it is a quick and easy weight reduction, it is one that you will not notice. Now if you are able to combine this with many other "easy wins" then it becomes noticeable.

Beendare

WKR
I've put some of that Mitchum liquid [from the roll on] into a small zip lok....doesn't get better or lighter than that.
Easy to coat some on the inside of the bag to apply.
_______

Last edited:

GotDraw?

WKR
Hit the pit hair with your beard trimmer set to "0" and buzz it all down.

Less hair = less places for bacteria to breed

Less hair = less places for sweat to stick to your body

Less hair = far longer lasting deodorant since it won't all stick to your pit hair

Less hair = fast wash up

Think about it... if you dog poops on a shag rug every day and you gotta clean it, wouldn't it be easier to clean, take less cleaning solution and retain less stank if it was a tile floor?

Works great on the bombay door too

JL

Less hair = far longer lasting deodorant since it won't all stick to your pit hair

Less hair = fast wash up

Think about it... if you dog poops on a shag rug every day and you gotta clean it, wouldn't it be easier to clean, take less cleaning solution and retain less stank if it was a tile floor?

JL

How's that feel tho? You cut that hair and it isn't soft anymore. I don't want to be walking around with my elbows out so my pits aren't rubbing.

Superdoo

WKR

Less hair = fast wash up

JL

So what’s your weight savings with this? You gotta count those ounces! 😆

feanor

WKR
I like that chapstick tube idea. Scoop out some deodorant and jam it in there. Just don’t mistake the pit one for the lip one.