Anti-perspirant/deodorant backpack hunt

Catahoula

WKR
Under arms get shaved and I use the travel sized Secret Clinical Strength “UNSCENTED” soft solid. As stated, less hair less bacteria. Everyone is chemically different. This set up works super for me in September.

MattB

WKR
Lavalin the night before the hunt and then a travel size deodorant when that wears off after 4-6 days.

mtholton

FNG
Use certain-dry. Put it on and you don't have to reapply for 5-7 days.
I use this days leading up to a hunt on pits and feet (top and bottom) I swear by this stuff. I still use anti pers, but the combination pretty much stops sweating which helps with scent on feet and pits as well as blisters.

Don't bother with deodorant play the wind. I just use no scent handi wipes that are used to freshen up other body parts. Manscaping your arm pits before your trip also cuts down on the bacterial growth that causes BO.

So last year I said screw it and bought a Sea to Summit pocket shower, packed an oz of Duke Cannon pine soap and an oz of a stick of Baking Soda deo and a pack towel.
Man after a few days it feels good to rinse off and smell good.

Yes totally not necessary. Total luxury items. But if it keeps ya on the mountian longer why not?

It won't go with me on short trips, but for a long multi day trip I really like it. The pocket shower was the stuff sack for my quilt. So it's not a big deal to throw it in.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Be careful with the manscaping. If you go all the way down in between the cheeks it will feel like your ass swallowed a cactus by day 3 or 4 and I couldn't imagine hiking a mountain with a cactus in my azz. You will need lots of shea butter and monkey butt for that mess. Lmao. On the real though, mens nair is the way to go gentlemen. Last for like a month and isn't prickly when it grows back like when you shave. Just don't leave it on to long or you get chemical burn. Good idea to do it 2-4 days before your hunt.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Be careful with the manscaping. If you go all the way down in between the cheeks it will feel like your ass swallowed a cactus by day 3 or 4 and I couldn't imagine hiking a mountain with a cactus in my azz. You will need lots of shea butter and monkey butt for that mess. Lmao. On the real though, mens nair is the way to go gentlemen. Last for like a month and isn't prickly when it grows back like when you shave. Just don't leave it on to long or you get chemical burn. Good idea to do it 2-4 days before your hunt.

Do you know this from experience or did a “friend” tell you??

My .02: I’m under no delusion that DO will beat an animal’s nose, it’s purely for my own benefit

Unfortunately from experience.... besides the climbing a mountain part. I had a hot date so I got the bic razor and shaving cream out and went to town. The next week at work was absolutely horrendous. I was unloading trucks at the time and it was over 100* in there. Never again. Cactus ass is a perfect description of what that felt like. Hahaha. I know it sounds weird but I definitely don't reccomend anyone doing that before leaving on a week long hunt in the back country with no medication for chafing or what not. Lol.

Superdoo

WKR
Unfortunately from experience.... besides the climbing a mountain part. I had a hot date so I got the bic razor and shaving cream out and went to town. The next week at work was absolutely horrendous. I was unloading trucks at the time and it was over 100* in there. Never again. Cactus ass is a perfect description of what that felt like. Hahaha. I know it sounds weird but I definitely don't reccomend anyone doing that before leaving on a week long hunt in the back country with no medication for chafing or what not. Lol.

But did figure out how many ounces you saved???🤣😂🤣

AK_Alpine

FNG
I took a small (1oz) cutoff piece of arm and hammer solid in a zip lock in the field for an 8 day sheep hunt the last 2 years and never used it. I just try to wash up with soap if I'm near a stream and its been fine.