Anvil Shooting — best thing I’ve seen all week!

I discovered this guy’s stuff while doing some house building, and this is easily the coolest thing I’ve seen in a while.

1656016024521.jpeg

The rest of the content is pure quality, too. Can’t recommend it more highly if you need to know how to get something done right when it comes to building things.

Last edited:
When I used to build logging roads, we'd have to shoot "shiners" out of the road surface. Once in a while we'd put a block of wood on top of a charge. It'd go damn near out of sight in the air. It's probably a good thing that not many people carried cameras around then!

OP
S
When I used to build logging roads, we'd have to shoot "shiners" out of the road surface. Once in a while we'd put a block of wood on top of a charge. It'd go damn near out of sight in the air. It's probably a good thing that not many people carried cameras around then!
Ha, nice!

You know, just doing some real basic physics, I’d estimate it took around ten thousand foot-pounds of energy to get a fairly big anvil that high aloft.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Playing with powder is fun. I started blowing stuff up when I was about 10. Living in the rural country was great. I once told my daughters that if they were boys, we'd be blowing stuff up. And my oldest said "I want to blow stuff up". Nope, sorry, that's man world.

There's a scene in Sweet Home Alabama where they're launching anvils all over the property with explosions.

CorbLand

WKR
My grandma use to get tired of the birds building nests in her cloth line posts. She would stick firecrackers in there to scare them out. She threw an M80 in there one day and that ended in a big plumb of feathers out the other end.

I love the fact that these two are older gentleman. Love seeing old guys still acting like teenagers.

Last edited:

MO-CHSPKE

FNG
This guy used to be the mayor of the small town where I grew up. He’s put on several demonstrations over the years. Definitely something else to see and hear!!!