Any 2 mile runners here

TxxAgg

If he keeps it up, he'll be under 10 mins before graduating.

David Curtis

Thats blazing fast! I agree intervals all day. Something like 4x800m with 2 min rest between. or 8x400m. But rest/recovery is key in any sport. I've turned into a distance trail runner andIve learned recovery is more important that the actual work. Id recommend 3 days on and 1 off. Good luck! there are plenty of running programs you can find online, or inexpensive running coaches that'll do all his programming through a training app. The good coaches will be super involved and program based on progression based off his previous times.

Fatcamp

So in anticipation of cross country in the Fall we have our 12 yo son competing in a local track and field meet. Ran the 400 last week and the 800 today. Very cool to see how proud he is to finish these runs in front of a crowd. Next week he will run the 1600 for the first time. Kinda nervous about that one, but he committed to it so here we go. 😀

OP
K

KsRancher

So in anticipation of cross country in the Fall we have our 12 yo son competing in a local track and field meet. Ran the 400 last week and the 800 today. Very cool to see how proud he is to finish these runs in front of a crowd. Next week he will run the 1600 for the first time. Kinda nervous about that one, but he committed to it so here we go. 😀
Report back if you would. I never was interested in running until my oldest son started. But he ran himself into a calf injury 2 weeks ago by not taking any rest days. He is 2 weeks into it and still walks with a bad gimp.

Fatcamp

Report back if you would. I never was interested in running until my oldest son started. But he ran himself into a calf injury 2 weeks ago by not taking any rest days. He is 2 weeks into it and still walks with a bad gimp.

Will do. We are taking it very easy. Minimal training and just using these races as a feeling out process.