Any advice for a narrow foot?

I've got a narrow, foot and I've had a bit of a struggle finding 'the boot' that's right for me. The only thing ive found thats worked for me perfectly as far as fit goes is the salomon quest 4d. Having said that the things leak and the tread on them is falling pretty fast. Ideally id like to find something stiffer and more bomb-proof.

I've tried several pairs of scarpas that seemed to fit great but after 4 or 5 miles they the dogs are barkin' pretty bad. Played with several insoles but I've decided im done messing with those.

I just tried a pair of crispi Nevada's in my normal size but there seemed to be a bit more slop in there than I wanted so after wearing them around the house for a night i returned them and ordered a pair of uninstalled brisksdals. Everything I've read and seen suggests that boot being tailored more towards the narrow, lower volume foot like i need. We'll see how they work when they get here in a day or so.

I'm aware of the lathrop and sons custom program but I'm not ready to pay that premium yet.

Any insight from anyone whose had similar issues would be appriciated.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

I was in the same situation you are in not long ago - I'm the exact opposite from you, I have extremely WIDE feet.

I spent thousands of dollars trying to find that perfect boot before I said to heck with it and had white's boots in Spokane Washington make me a custom pair.

Once I received the custom pair of boots and broke them in I was astonished how I previously viewed all of my footwear that I "thought" fit good!

If I were you in your position I would take a hard look at a custom pair of boots that several companies can tailor to your exact foot size. Nick's, Hoffman's and Whites just to name a few.

Just some food for for your thoughts! Take it from a guy who spent WAY too much time and money searching for that unicorn boot when the real answer was there the whole time, spend the money now to save money later!

OP
Canyonbanger208
I was in the same situation you are in not long ago - I'm the exact opposite from you, I have extremely WIDE feet.

I spent thousands of dollars trying to find that perfect boot before I said to heck with it and had white's boots in Spokane Washington make me a custom pair.

Once I received the custom pair of boots and broke them in I was astonished how I previously viewed all of my footwear that I "thought" fit good!

If I were you in your position I would take a hard look at a custom pair of boots that several companies can tailor to your exact foot size. Nick's, Hoffman's and Whites just to name a few.

Just some food for for your thoughts! Take it from a guy who spent WAY too much time and money searching for that unicorn boot when the real answer was there the whole time, spend the money now to save money later!

Well im located in cda right down the road so I'll keep this in mind, what style did you get from whites?

I went with the smoke jumpers, they are heavy but I will gladly pack the extra weight to have a well fit boot!

Honestly now that I have boots that fit correctly I don't notice the extra weight. Also, having the higher arch/heel has helped with some minor back problems!

MrSunday

Lil-Rokslider
You might try on a pair of Salewa. I find them to be good for a narrow foot.

I have long narrow feet (14 A/B) and have struggled with even regular footwear, let alone boots. Asolo's run narrow and might be worth a try. I have a nice pair of Asolo hiking boots that I use for hunting when it's not very cold out and they fit pretty well. I recently bought a low-rise Asolo hiking shoe for more casual use and I'm not getting along with it as well. Unlike the boots, the shoe is oddly narrow in the toebox and wide in the heel - which is kinda opposite what I need. The struggle is real, my friend!

AM.

I've got a narrow, foot and I've had a bit of a struggle finding 'the boot' that's right for me. The only thing ive found thats worked for me perfectly as far as fit goes is the salomon quest 4d. Having said that the things leak and the tread on them is falling pretty fast. Ideally id like to find something stiffer and more bomb-proof.

I've tried several pairs of scarpas that seemed to fit great but after 4 or 5 miles they the dogs are barkin' pretty bad. Played with several insoles but I've decided im done messing with those.

I just tried a pair of crispi Nevada's in my normal size but there seemed to be a bit more slop in there than I wanted so after wearing them around the house for a night i returned them and ordered a pair of uninstalled brisksdals. Everything I've read and seen suggests that boot being tailored more towards the narrow, lower volume foot like i need. We'll see how they work when they get here in a day or so.

I'm aware of the lathrop and sons custom program but I'm not ready to pay that premium yet.

Any insight from anyone whose had similar issues would be appriciated.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
You could get some custom russel moccasins, i got some minimalist thula thulas cause i like barefoot shoes and my left foot is a half size bigger. Full custom so its like a 3 month wait but was totally worth it. Prices are seemingly on par with other hunting boots depending on what you get. Cant remember 100% but i think i paid $380 with a 1st time buyer discount. Even if it was $480 they're worth it to me

wyodan

WKR
Hanwags with a new insole have worked great for my narrow feet. Ancashes seem to be a hair narrower than the other models I’ve tried.

nodakian

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
You didn’t mention your foot length, but have you looked at women’s boots? My feet are men’s 7 B/C equivalent (left is a bit larger than right). I quit looking for men’s boots and go straight to women’s 8s as they are built narrower. Haven’t had trouble with this approach.

I also agree with Whites smokejumper boots. They’re a bitch to break in but the most comfy boots I’ve ever owned, bar none—the only ones to have never given me a blister in 30 years. You’ll break a leg before twisting an ankle, and you’ll stick to a mountain side like Spider-Man.

I have really narrow feet as well and just finished my first hunting season with Kenetrek Mountain Extreme boots. They fit very well and were extremely comfortable but do require a long break in period.

Dinger

WKR
I have narrow feet and have always been happy with the fit from Zamberlan's. It took a while to find out but I don't bother looking at any other brand now. That said if I didn't have Zamberlan's available I'd just give Lathrop & Sons a call.

I have really narrow feet as well and just finished my first hunting season with Kenetrek Mountain Extreme boots. They fit very well and were extremely comfortable but do require a long break in period.
Just wanna add that the Russells fit like a glove from the start since they're custom tailored to each foot and require no break in what so ever. They come very supple out the box. They are waterproof if you order them that way too. You can even send them your own tanned leather if you want. They told me they made a guy a pair out of the water buffalo that nearly gored him to death lol

Hunthigh1

WKR
I have narrow feet and my favorite boots so far are In this order

-Asolo TPS 520 GV
-kenetrek hardscrabble hiker- Narrow size
-Asolo Fugitive (these don’t last long enough and I’ve stopped using)
-nicks forester -custom in a c width-(for work only)
-Hoffman’s outback 10” W/ The thinsulate 400G Liner (for a Winter pac boot they have slightly better ankle support than other sloppy pac

Some good advice in this thread. I have narrow / low volume feet as well and have tried a pile of boots trying to find something that works well for me. I had briksdal SF and they fit great but I did have problems with my heels blistering. If the backs of your heels are less pointy than mine there is a good chance those briksdal work for you.

Others that I've found work well:
-Hanwag ancash. The ones I had were quite a bit lower volume than the alaskan model which fit sloppy in the instep for me. Comfy boots, my feet just grew about a size in my early 30s so they didn't fit anymore or I would have worn them till they died. (not sure these are available from US retailers, I bought mine online from europe but the price was right)

-La Sportiva Trango Line - the trango last is low volume. I have TRK (similar to Quest 4d in stiffness) that fit great and get used in scouting or day trips where I'm not in real steep stuff or packing heavy loads. I have had the trango cubes and they fit great but there is just no cushion in the midsole and that beats up my feet after a while.

-Zamberlan 980/960 and newer 981/966 which is supposed to have the same last - 980s have been my go to boot. Best balance of support and comfort that doesn't destroy my feet. They are a little tight on the small toes for me. I have 966 that seem perfect but for some reason are tough on my heels. I like them enough that I'll have a cobbler try to push the heels back a little for me eventually.

-Hoffman 10" hunter - Was lucky enough for to win these in a rokslide giveaway hoffman put on. They are mostly great, have better traction in snow than my beloved zamberlan 980s but something about them beats up my big toes and I haven't remedied it. They have been my late season go-to boots the past couple seasons,

Vandy321

WKR
Crispi Briksdal, that is their narrow boot. I tried many, this was the best boot for my narrow feet. 2 years in and still going. Just got a pair of Scarpa Zodiak Techs, nice and narrow as well, but a little wider in the toe box than the Briksdal.