Any Archery Athletes in this Forum?

Hahah. Athletes seems like a subjective term. So if by that you mean eating healthy, keeping legs and back in shape, shooting regularly, then I'd imagine this forum here has a whole gob of us.

If Train to Hunt Champions are what you're looking for... I bet a few? 🤷‍♂️

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
One can be an archer, and one can be an athlete as well. The two are mutually exclusive. Sometimes I run the 3D and field courses. There's a lot of steep terrain with loose surfaces and sometimes even snow and ice covering the rocky stream beds and slopes. One needs to be somewhat athletic to be able to run the distances and navigate all the obstacles, but when it comes time for shooting......I'm an archer. Same for hunting.

mlgc20

WKR
I did the Rinehart 100 this weekend. Shot a hundred arrows. Was worn out. And there was a scoreboard. Seems athletic enough to me.

Elk97

WKR
I'm not an athlete (any more, 70) but I bow hunt elk in the mountains of MT. I think if you can hunt all day at 8,000'+ and pack out a heavy load if you're lucky enough to kill something there's a bit of athlete in there somewhere. Probably not going to see it as an Olympic event though :))

Moserkr

WKR
When I was younger, i used to say “if you can eat during the game, its not a sport, its an activity”. Bowling, chess, baseball, etc... Sure it doesnt make perfect sense but you get the point.

Not many athletes train to haul 100+ lb packs out of hell holes full of deadfall miles from their trucks. Hunters are a special breed.

grfox92

WKR
I stand corrected.

I wonder how many guys who archery hunt never touch a rifle... Because I shot all my critters with a boom stick last year but spent a pile of time archery hunting.
Ive killed between 35 and 50 deer in my life and 3 of them have been with a gun.

But to be fair I lived and hunted in a Bow only county for 30 years.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

grfox92

WKR
Alot if pro archers I see in pictures have some huge guts on them lol

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk