Any Bergara fans?

zpooch

Lil-Rokslider
I have B-14 Hunter in 6.5cm. Shoots great but the factory blue was garbage. Had it cerakoted and all is good now. Good trigger, very accurateIMG_20201016_062335219.jpg

I bought a Bergara 300WM over a Tikka T3X due to the cerakote and stock, but it was a coin toss. I'm very happy with my choice so far- nicest rifle I've ever shot by far.

Question for the forum - I seem to see issues crop up here where their Tikka just won't shoot MOA, but I don't think I've seen any Bergara complaint threads. Is this just because Tikka are more popular? Maybe I've missed the Bergara issue threads, but I would think I'd be drawn to those more than the Tikka threads that pop up...

Kayl

FNG
I have a 6.5cm HMR Pro that is absolutely awesome. Amazing trigger, more accurate than I am. That said, it's too heavy for a good hunting rifle IMO. :-/

I've had experience shooting the B14 ridge, multiple B14 HMRs, and a HMR Pro. The Bergara B14 series is made in Spain and reminds me a lot of a Rem 700 but with aftermarket goodies. All shot under 1MOA easily with ELD-X 143grs. The premier series is made in Georgia and they feel like custom guns. Similar to how a Christensen Arms feels. The HMR Pro I shot was under .6MOA. Overall they made great guns especially if you like the Rem 700s.

wrightjr

FNG
Excellent rifles in my opinion / experence for the price. Like someone above stated, they are basically an upgraded 700. I have shot several different models, I own a Ridge in 30-06 and a Wilderness in 300WM. Both were around 800 and shot well out the box with no tinkering.

I have heard nothing but good things. I worked in a Sporting Goods Store when they first started hitting the shelves and I was impressed with the quality at the price point.

AR_Clint

FNG
I have a 6.5cm HMR Pro that is absolutely awesome. Amazing trigger, more accurate than I am. That said, it's too heavy for a good hunting rifle IMO. :-/
I have the same gun and can vouch for the fact that it is really heavy for a hunting rifle. Unfortunately, I didn't have the same experience with accuracy. Mine will do sub moa 3 shot groups with the right ammo, but not consistently.

Oh wait, I just noticed that you said you have the pro. Mine is just the basic HMR.

Bergara makes a great gun. Factory ammo shoots incredibly well. Try some eld-x or eld-m pills. I'd be surprised if they don't group well.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

isu22andy

WKR
a9d3176c9c598986a5f75708dc37c6a6.jpg

Best rifle I own . Would rather shoot it over the T3x anyday of the week . The trigger is top top top notch quality .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

branw33

FNG
I just purchased a Bergara b-14 wilderness ridge in .300 Wm. I was discouraged at first using 200 grain Hornady eldx and was getting about 4 MOA. After a call with customer service I switched to a 185 grain Berger VLD hunter and now am getting about a half MOA. Couldn’t be happier with an $850 sub MOA rifle.

I just purchased a Bergara b-14 wilderness ridge in .300 Wm. I was discouraged at first using 200 grain Hornady eldx and was getting about 4 MOA. After a call with customer service I switched to a 185 grain Berger VLD hunter and now am getting about a half MOA. Couldn’t be happier with an $850 sub MOA rifle.

Interesting. I sighted in with cheap Winchester XP 180gr and was pretty close to MOA at 200 yards (as a novice shooter). Then when I switched to my expensive ELD-X I was all over the place. I'll confirm by shooting the rest of the box.

That XP was shooting pretty damn good though...

Damn. I better find some backups soon!

z987k

WKR
I have B-14 Hunter in 6.5cm. Shoots great but the factory blue was garbage. Had it cerakoted and all is good now. Good trigger, very accurateView attachment 319587
That's one of the reasons I've passed on a bunch of them. The Blueing wasn't great and I'm not a fan of CroMo for hard outdoors use. You can cerekote them, but that just means they rust inside out.
I like the premier series a lot, but at twice the price of a tikka, though it gets closer when you account for the much better stock on the premier. Wish they'd make the B14 in stainless.

Does anyone know if Bergara sells actions? Seems like some of these factory rifle companies could have a pretty good side business going to the people that want semi-customs in cartridges they don't offer.

FLS

WKR
Bergara does sell actions. Centerfire and rimfire. I bought a B14 rimfire barreled action and put in an XLR chassis, and replaced the factory trigger with a trigger tech Diamond. I shoot it in tactical rimfire matches. It’s the most accurate rimfire I’ve ever shot and I can more than hold my own against the customs.

z987k

WKR
Bergara does sell actions. Centerfire and rimfire. I bought a B14 rimfire barreled action and put in an XLR chassis, and replaced the factory trigger with a trigger tech Diamond. I shoot it in tactical rimfire matches. It’s the most accurate rimfire I’ve ever shot and I can more than hold my own against the customs.
They used to. I haven't seen one for 2 or 3 years now.

FLS

WKR
They still do, but like everything else they're hard to come by right now. They had some 30-06 and 270 actions on their site last time I looked.

Anschutz

Lil-Rokslider
Every one I've picked up has had good fit and finish. Myself, I'd take that Tikka and screw a new barrel on it. It would be cheaper overall.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

z987k

WKR
They still do, but like everything else they're hard to come by right now. They had some 30-06 and 270 actions on their site last time I looked.
Barreled actions yes, but not just the action. It's cheaper to buy a tikka stainless complete gun than a bergara barreled action.