Any Bergara Rifle Warnings?

Wiscat

Lil-Rokslider
I just picked up an 18" Wilderness Ridge in 308. I bought it primarily to run with a direct thread Omega 300. With the heavier barrel and a Vortex LHT it settles down on target shooting offhand/kneeling really well. The last few years I have been hunting with 2 different Tikka Superlites and I had forgot what an extra 1-2# on a rifle does.

For the money I really like it. I would spring the extra couple $ for a cerakoted model.

I've shot 3 sub 5/8" groups @100 with a random factory length 165gr Accubond handload.

Also for reference it weights 7#.9oz bare, 8#9oz scoped, and 9#6oz with my can.

I have the premier HMR in 6.5 PRC, shoots great with 143 eldx. I didn’t like the fact of the paint covering the whole bedding block, but that is an easy fix. Otherwise it’s an absolute great rifle out of the box.

4Cody4

FNG
I have a B14 Ridge in .308 with a 22" barrel that I like very much. It shoots sub MOA with various factory loads and I settled on 165 gr accubonds. I am seeing the same issue with the finish on the stock as noted above. It doesn't really bother me, but the argument could easily be made that the finish shouldn't be peeling off a rifle that is less than 8 months old.

For the price point and how nicely it shoots for me I can recommend it.

hawkman71

Lil-Rokslider
I, too, am looking at these Bergaras. The finish wearing off is a concern - how is this possible in today's day and age and a rifle of this cost? My son's Savage Axis doesn't have finish wearing off...

barrister

WKR
I have a Bergara Premier Stalker and love it. It’s a great shooter and it exudes high quality in both look and feel. No issues with wear or degradation of barrel coating or the stock. I got it after trying a few Thompson Center Ventures, then a couple Tikkas. The TCs were decent shooters, but I wanted to keep looking. I purchased two Tikkas because of this site and all the raves. I was shocked at how cheap they felt and I couldn’t get them to shoot as well as the Ventures. It was a big let down. Moved on to the Bergara Stalker and a Fierce Fury. The Bergara won hands down for me in that head to head. The quest was over for me. I’ve also been impressed with a few other guns I have with Bergara barrels (a CVA muzzleloader and two CVA Cascade bolt actions).

LongCut

FNG
I bought a Premier Approach in 6.5PRC. Shot .44 at the factory, according to the tag they sent with it. I have shot 147 ELDM and 143 ELDX (all I could find in stock anywhere). I actually bought a pile of ammo before I bought the gun, just so I could be sure I could use it.....

This rifle is VERY accurate and very nice to shoot. It is heavy, but a fair trade-off in my mind. The action is super smooth and the trigger is awesome.

My only two "complaints" would be that the safety is really easy to manipulate. I wish, and maybe there is, a way to stiffen it up....Also, with about 40 rds through it, I noticed a loud clunk when I set it down on the recoil pad. I thought it was one of the magnetic scope caps rattling, but further upon inspection, the entire action was loose. The two action screws had become loose. One needed three full turns to tighten back up. I torqued them back to factory specs. I realize this isnt too big of a deal, but for a rifle whose MSRP is over $1800.00, and supposedly assembled by one person from start to finish, this surprised me a bit.

Overall I LOVE this rifle and will probably be getting at least one more.