Any BX 4 Pro Guide 8x32 Reviews?

jam66

Lil-Rokslider
Midway has a deal on these now with Chest harness. Anyone have these in their hands?

ChrisAU

WKR
I do, bought them from Midway 6 weeks ago or so. Got the free marsupial harness (which is way too big for the 8x32's btw, they are all Mediums) and sold it quickly for $75 I think. They are fantastic considering you can be in them for $300ish after that. The BX4's have by far my favorite diopter adjustment mechanism, have a smooth focus wheel, are super light, and the glass is awesome. I don't have any alpha bino's but so far using them at the range and just playing with them at dark I don't see me needing anything else for whitetail hunting in the woods or for a light bino for long backpack trips. I even have an Outdoorsman's stud in mine right now and plan on using them for an October elk hunt off a tripod. I have them in a small tall OPW bino bro harness and overall it is a super-light package.

I have had mine for a couple of weeks. Also ordered on special from MidwayUSA. My go to binos are Leica 7 x 42 Trinovids but are a little heavy for hiking and too expensive to leave in the truck. I am pleasantly pleased with this pair of binoculars. I watched a gobbler and three hens at approximately 300 yards last week with both pairs. While the BX-4’s are not Leica’s they proved to be very adequate. My son looked through them and placed an order on the spot from his phone. He is primarily a turkey hunter and said these were exactly what he was looking for. I’m happy with my purchase, price and quick delivery from Midway. I haven’t received my harness yet but it is on the way.

binoman

FNG
Midway has a deal on these now with Chest harness. Anyone have these in their hands?

I have the 8x32 - optical quality of the glass is very good. Controls CA very well and you really have to look to find it, if you even can. Very minimal distortions and good edge to edge sharpness. I actually find the focus wheel a bit stiff and takes some getting used to when fine - tuning the image. Eye cups are ok.
I actually prefer the views through my kowa BD II 6.5x32. It has a much wider field of view, is noticeably brighter, has better eye cups and focus wheel. It does however, have more distortion and edge sharpness is not as good. Colour representation is also better in the kowa, to my eyes anyway. Hope this helps

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I tried out a pair last year. They are well built and not a bad option for the price, but the glass quality is not comparable to the Zeiss binoculars in that same price range. You should take a look at the Terra ED 10x42s. They are around the same price as the BX4s but the edge to edge clarity on the Terra ED is much better.

I tried out a pair last year. They are well built and not a bad option for the price, but the glass quality is not comparable to the Zeiss binoculars in that same price range. You should take a look at the Terra ED 10x42s. They are around the same price as the BX4s but the edge to edge clarity on the Terra ED is much better.
Wow. I completely disagree with this but then, I don't have your eyes, and you don't have mine, so I'll respect your opinion.

I've read very good things about the Terra ED 8x32's, but I've looked through several pairs of 10x42's and all I saw was cheap Chinese high distortion glass.

If a person isn't satisfied with the 8x32 BX-4's, they need to save up for a pair of Conquest HD 8x32's, which in my personal experience, are the very best of the Conquest line, and rival true alpha-class bins.

OP
J

jam66

Lil-Rokslider
I purchased the BX 4 Pro Guides 8x32. I know it’s not a apples to apples comparison in terms of weight and objejective lens size, but I’m more impressed with my Legend M 8x42s that were less than half the cost of the BX4s.

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Wow. I completely disagree with this but then, I don't have your eyes, and you don't have mine, so I'll respect your opinion.

I've read very good things about the Terra ED 8x32's, but I've looked through several pairs of 10x42's and all I saw was cheap Chinese high distortion glass.

If a person isn't satisfied with the 8x32 BX-4's, they need to save up for a pair of Conquest HD 8x32's, which in my personal experience, are the very best of the Conquest line, and rival true alpha-class bins.
It's tough to beat the Conquest HDs! It's important to look through a few different brands of binos before buying a pair. Like you said, everybody's eyes will have a preference to certain pieces of glass!

It's tough to beat the Conquest HDs! It's important to look through a few different brands of binos before buying a pair. Like you said, everybody's eyes will have a preference to certain pieces of glass!
About $550 difference in price with the BX4’s being on sale at Midway USA.