Any Cancelation Hunts out there???

Brado16

WKR
Horrible luck in all western draws and secondary draws this Fall leaves us without tags in pocket for the first time in quite some time- not a good feeling. Buddy and I are interested in trying to see if we can get our hands on a last minute cancelation hunt, guided or DIY Drop hunt in Alaska for a combo Archery hunt of Caribou, Moose, Black Bear, Brown Bear, Mountain Goat, Sheep etc... (obviously Sheep/Goat/Brown Bear will require Guided Hunt). Wondering if anyone in the Rokslide community knows of any available hunts for 2022 in AK this fall? I am guessing there are guys on here that have inquired with outfitters but for one reason or another, decided not to book with them for this year, if you have any first hand info, sure would appreciate a private PM with some details. Thanks to all!!

Are you actually considering a hunt for six different species, for multiple hunters? Am I reading that right?

Yep, he might as well. It's just six animals per each dude. Can't be that difficult, can it?
😆 🤣 😂 well all jokes aside I hope he finds what he's looking for that's a tall order , if i struck out on draws I'd still be going hunting there are some tremendous OTC opportunities out there

OP
Brado16

Brado16

WKR
No guys LOL! Multi species meaning more than one- looking for Moose and Caribou or Goat and Brown bear etc.... no problem DIY but most of the reputable transporters I have contacted are booked. We have a DIY moose hunts booked for 2023 and 2024, looking for something for 2022...

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

dieNqvrs

Lil-Rokslider
6d717863be3388fdcc044dc861a625be.jpg

Seen on Facebook

No guys LOL! Multi species meaning more than one- looking for Moose and Caribou or Goat and Brown bear etc.... no problem DIY but most of the reputable transporters I have contacted are booked. We have a DIY moose hunts booked for 2023 and 2024, looking for something for 2022...

Not going to get in on a goat/brown bear combo at this late date, either because of the permit draw required or just flat plain no availability out there among service providers. I'm sure you can find a DIY moose/caribou combo though, for multiple dudes hunting together. That shouldn't be difficult to find at all.

OP
Brado16

Brado16

WKR
Anyone know anything about Stephan Lake Lodge that has the 2:1 hunt available?

Anyone know anything about Stephan Lake Lodge that has the 2:1 hunt available?

It's in a moose draw permit area and the fall 2022 permit application deadline was mid December 2021, so if those guys are offering 2022 moose hunts, those hunts are obviously in another big game management unit that's far, far away from the guide use area that the lodge sits in.

OP
Brado16

Brado16

WKR
It's in a moose draw permit area and the fall 2022 permit application deadline was mid December 2021, so if those guys are offering 2022 moose hunts, those hunts are obviously in another big game management unit that's far, far away from the guide use area that the lodge sits in.
14B is where the Moose hunts take place for this particular hunt.

Yeah, that's on the other side of the Talkeetna River, quite a ways from the area that the lodge sits in. They're either hunting one side of the River, or they're squeezing Ben Stephenson over where he hunts on Sheep River.

Cspraggins

Lil-Rokslider
hidden alaska guide service had a cancellation moose hunt available yesterday if anyone else was looking. They knock down some nice bulls.

NorthCountryAB

Lil-Rokslider
I just had a father son duo push to 2023 due to an unexpected back surgery.
So I have two hunts that just opened up for this year.
DM me to discuss.

Here's a few web sites offering to book hunts for you to get you started:

Filter to your desired location (ex: Alaska):

WMR

FNG
Last I knew, Alaska Remote Guide Service had one remaining discounted hunt for moose with possible add on brown bear. I must be on their mailing list because I bought their moose call and videos. I'm going to Alberta this year so no AK trip for me in 2022. Best of luck to all.