Any dedicated handgun hunters here?

kid44

Lil-Rokslider
I haven't completely abandoned the rifle quite yet, but for most of my hunting I pick up one of my handguns. I have several calibers but I figure one of my .44 magnums will get it done. If I am in doubt I have a .454 Casull I can use instead. Any dedicated handgun hunters here?

ktm450

Lil-Rokslider
I hunt one of my deer tags each year dedicate/exclusively with a handgun. 10mm, .45 Colt, .41 Mag, or .44 Mag. When I lived in WA State, handgun hunting was the only way I hunted.

Kobuk

Lil-Rokslider
I've taken several animals with a handgun. My first two were blacktails on kodiak island with my 4" model 66 with plain ol' 158 JSP 357 mag. I then bought a contender with a 7x30 Waters scoped barrel and shot quite a few deer with that setup and a couple caribou. Any of the calibers you talked about would be fine. I have a couple 454 casull revolvers and 45 colt revolvers but havent shot anything with them but I've used my 454 casull rifle to shoot 8 black bear and one deer. I used all reloads with both 265gr hardcast WFN and 300gr XTP Mag bullets. Also shot lots of ptarmigan, grouse and hares with 22LR and 410 barrels. Fun times!

DanimalW

WKR
I’ve tried whitetail hunting during the Wisconsin firearms season for the last few years with a 6” Colt Python. Sweet revolver, but it hasn’t brought me much luck.

Robster

Lil-Rokslider
If you call a Thompson Center Encore, I'll say yes. I hunt rabbit and squirrel with my 10" barrel .410. I've taken dozens of quill pigs with my Ruger Single Six in .22 mag and .32 mag. Also taken whitetails with my encore and Ruger Blackhawk in .44 special

Wojo14

WKR
I love shooting revolvers. This year it hit me. I love bow hunting and getting close. Why not try with a revolver. So I set up my 44 Mag Super Redhawk with a Leupold scope and started practicing.
I feel really good out to 50. SoI decided to use it this year along with my bow.
First hunt is fall bear in Montana in 2 week!

~Wojo

dtrkyman

WKR
Illinois had a 3 day doe only hand gun season back in the day, used to guide a group of guys each year for the outfitter I was working with. That was an interesting season to say the least, insane numbers of deer so opportunity was about a guarantee.

Another guarantee was that you virtually never heard a single shot, was a wild time, after a few seasons I decided to set up a Smith 44 mag from the shop I worked at, killed a doe the

Kudo's to those committed to hunting with one, I shoot a bow better than a hand gun! Free hand of course!