Any Dentist wanting to move to Alaska?

Ralphie

WKR
I have a great dentist that likes to hunt. He even pretends to understand my hunting stories I’m telling him while his hands are in my mouth.

OP
wildwilderness
I would love to have a dentist thats into hunting. My knee surgeon is a big hunter, and he did a great job and got me back on the mountain, so might as well have a hunting dentist too. I may be giving you a call next time this damn crown falls off.
For sure. We Have a CEREC that can make new crowns same day. Saves you time and no temp fix and no return trip. Super important if it’s Hunting season!

For sure. We Have a CEREC that can make new crowns same day. Saves you time and no temp fix and no return trip. Super important if it’s Hunting season!
Oh for sure, I know all about that. My crown came off on the 2nd day of a sheep hunt this fall. Went a month and a half without it on, I am hoping it cooperates a little better this time, it's given me nothing but problems since it was originally put on.

Mike1187

Lil-Rokslider
No dental degree....but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night. Sitting on go!

JohnnyR

FNG
Man I got the wrong degree! Nothing like doing calls to the small villages and then going hunting after!
Being an itinerant dentist in AK was apparently not a bad gig back in the day.
I've enjoyed Jake's books for years.

JohnnyR

FNG
Oh for sure, I know all about that. My crown came off on the 2nd day of a sheep hunt this fall. Went a month and a half without it on, I am hoping it cooperates a little better this time, it's given me nothing but problems since it was originally put on.
Which is exactly why I carry a temp dental repair kit in my wilderness med bag aboard the plane. It's amazing how distracting even minor tooth problems can be.
Sorry for thread drift...

p.s. That's a loooong sheep hunt! :ROFLMAO:

Buck197

WKR
I made the move a few years ago and things are going well. I now have two offices- one in Anchorage, and one in Eagle River with the previous dentists retiring soon. So I am looking for another dentist to work with so I can still take the time off for all my fishing and Hunting :LOL: . If you have a dental degree and want to hunt sheep every year let me know! (y)
Ive got a set of pliars, and a bottle of crown apple, does that qualify me?

I made the move a few years ago and things are going well. I now have two offices- one in Anchorage, and one in Eagle River with the previous dentists retiring soon. So I am looking for another dentist to work with so I can still take the time off for all my fishing and Hunting :LOL: . If you have a dental degree and want to hunt sheep every year let me know! (y)
I actually am a dentist and I live in Eagle River. My friend sent me this thread. I am a pediatric dental resident at the Alaska Native hospital. I actually think one of my dental school attendings, Joe Cheever told me about you and said I should reach out. I will call your office tomorrow!

OP
wildwilderness
I'll ask my friend
Sure, where does he live? Is he a hunter? You can share with him my thread on our 2020 hunt season for an example of Alaska life 😀

Will_m

WKR
Sure, where does he live? Is he a hunter? You can share with him my thread on our 2020 hunt season for an example of Alaska life 😀

Shouldn’t be hard to fill a position for an employer with an attitude towards work/life balance like this. Bump for somebody with their priorities in order!

Brodie

Lil-Rokslider
Any chance you could postpone this offer 10 years? Have to get my son off to post secondary before relocating haha.
If circumstances were a bit different I’d be all over this. Sounds like a dream opportunity. Good luck with your search!

Let me know if you need a full time service technician with 10 years experience... and can take Sept-Jan off... and is Canadian.

OP
wildwilderness
Any chance you could postpone this offer 10 years? Have to get my son off to post secondary before relocating haha.
If circumstances were a bit different I’d be all over this. Sounds like a dream opportunity. Good luck with your search!
Haha, I’ll still be here in 10 years, maybe ready to add another by that time