Any Experience with Case Club Bow Case - Better than SKB/Pelican?

wseidel

WKR
Does anyone own one of the Case Club bow cases or have any experience with them? They have good ratings and appear to be solidly constructed plus waterproof, silica gel canister and lifetime warranty. The only downside is that you would need to custom cut the interior foam to fit your quiver. Here is the link:

Note: I've read mixed reviews on SKB and Pelican cases so I've broadened my search. If you have other case options, I would be interested in hearing about them. Thank You!

Looks like a good case, skb's warranty is for contents as well. Either $1500 or $1800 I don't remember. Don't know how easy it is to claim either. I haven't had issue with SKB. Just got rid of one and bought the 4719 ultimate. It's certainly a good case. Can't really see what would be a problem with it. I haven't tested the waterproofing, it's doesn't seem like I'd need to. Guess it wouldn't hurt before I need to count on it.

OP
W

wseidel

WKR
Thanks for the feedback. Still looking hard at the Case Club bow case. In comparing it to the SKB Double Bow Case and SKB 4719 Ultimate, I like the fact that it has specific arrow storage but wish it had a dedicated space for your quiver. It checks most of the boxes for me. Like many cases, it appears you need to customize them to meet your specific needs (adding extra foam, cutting out gear slots, etc.). If I end up purchasing it I will provide a detailed review.

Last edited:
OP
W

wseidel

WKR
I received the Case Club bow case this past Monday. Well built, solid and a lot of nice features. Unfortunately, for my set-up, it doesn't work well. I have a HHA Optimizer sight that sits up high enough off the riser to get in the way of the arrow storage area in the upper lid. Effectively it reduces the arrow storage capacity from 12 to 2 arrows. Since arrow storage was a critical issue for me, this case was not going to work. I contacted Case Club right away to share my issue. They were great to deal with and offered to accept a full return INCLUDING FREE Shipping back to them. They were proactive in wanting to prevent others from having the same experience I had. They asked me to describe the issue so I wrote up a paragraph about the problem and the hunting sights that might sit further out from the riser (i.e. sliding sights with a movable yardage wheel). I'm moving on to the mid-line SKB Hunter Case since it will allow me to put my bow in the case with the quiver on....while at the same time providing additional arrow storage. No, it's not perfect but I don't anticipate flying with my bow so this case should fit my needs well enough. Hope this helps.

OP
W

wseidel

WKR
Thanks for your interest in my case selection. I buy a case for one simple reason - protection of valuable gear. The SKB Hunter is a very nice case but not necessarily "souped up" like some of the higher end SKB and Pelican cases that are double the cost (and likely more suitable for air travel). That said, I once had a rifle in my friend's vehicle fall to the ground when he opened the rear hatch. Fortunately it was in a SKB case that offered great protection and all was well. Moral of the story to me is that not only baggage handlers can be a hazard to our valuable gear :)

N2TRKYS

WKR
Heck, a regular ol’ Plano would do that without all the weight or expense. Good luck with what you get.