Any experience with Mauser 3000s?

NDGuy

WKR
Saw this at Cabelas only because I'm a lefty. Looks to be a military barrel on a sporter wood stock with a built in cheek pad. It's a nice rifle in good shape, anyone have experience with them? It was $500. Let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
NDGuy

NDGuy

WKR
I'm lost....wtf does a mauser have to do with a tikka?

This was stolen from another site:

Beartooth Regular

I had a .30-06 Model 2000, in the mid-70's. While it was attractive enough, I didn't care for the aluminum bottom metal, with cast engraving & game scene - so sold it after a year or two.

The Mauser 2000 and 3000 were originally designed by Heym, and were originally released as the Heym SR10 and SR20 rifles.
These were designed specifically to be inexpensive to manufacture, and for export to countries such as the U.S.
Mauser-Werke leased the idea, with space to manufacture, from Heym - thus the Mauser Original roll mark.

The serial numbers started with 67110 in 1968 and ended with 95204 in 1974.

Both actions were made from round bar stock supplied by Krupp steel.
They are both push feed actions - not CRF.

The difference between the 2000 and the 3000 is that the 3000 came without iron sights and had a soft rubber recoil pad.

The recoil lugs of these rifles were welded onto the action, rather than being forged / machined in one-piece with the action - as the original Mausers were.

IIRC, These rifles were distributed in the US by Bauer-Mauser in Michigan.

OP
NDGuy

NDGuy

WKR
I'm lost....wtf does a mauser have to do with a tikka?

This was stolen from another site:

Beartooth Regular

I had a .30-06 Model 2000, in the mid-70's. While it was attractive enough, I didn't care for the aluminum bottom metal, with cast engraving & game scene - so sold it after a year or two.

The Mauser 2000 and 3000 were originally designed by Heym, and were originally released as the Heym SR10 and SR20 rifles.
These were designed specifically to be inexpensive to manufacture, and for export to countries such as the U.S.
Mauser-Werke leased the idea, with space to manufacture, from Heym - thus the Mauser Original roll mark.

The serial numbers started with 67110 in 1968 and ended with 95204 in 1974.

Both actions were made from round bar stock supplied by Krupp steel.
They are both push feed actions - not CRF.

The difference between the 2000 and the 3000 is that the 3000 came without iron sights and had a soft rubber recoil pad.

The recoil lugs of these rifles were welded onto the action, rather than being forged / machined in one-piece with the action - as the original Mausers were.

IIRC, These rifles were distributed in the US by Bauer-Mauser in Michigan.

Sounds like junk to me, thanks.

I think the other person was sending me a Tikka link to buy one of those instead since they are similarly priced.

Just a pet peeve of mine when you ask about something specific, and a fanboy of whatever brand comes back with a reply to just buy the thing they are a fan of instead of answering the question that was asked.

OP
NDGuy

NDGuy

WKR
Just a pet peeve of mine when you ask about something specific, and a fanboy of whatever brand comes back with a reply to just buy the thing they are a fan of instead of answering the question that was asked.

Haha I hear ya. I already have a Tikka too!